a visit to Georgetown

Oh, our trip to my parents' in Virginia?  (which is conveniently three minutes from my most favorite city in the world, Washington D.C.)  Yeah, we did lots.  I'll get to most of that eventually but I had to share this little outing to Georgetown.  One of the many things we did that day- but it has to have it's very own post.  Mainly because ever since the first time I went there back in 2004 I fell in love.  The brick streets & sidewalks, the old architecture.  I mean, really.  I don't generally say swoon but that's the only way to describe it.  Swoon! Times infinity.

It was a cloudy/rainy/cold day and all I had was my camera phone so i couldn't do it the justice it deserves but take it form me.  Take a trip there.  Especially if you love shopping and cupcakes (:  Oh yes... and this was also the time Tony and I broke our CUPCAKE FAST!  We went the entire month of October and almost November without a single cupcake (until H's birthday)... we've both decided the only cupcakes worth spending dollars on are these ones.  Georgetown cupcakes... oh and Sprinkles of course!  We'll probably save lots of money since they are currently 9 hours away.  Sigh... I miss it already.
Haha I just realized that guy in the big photo above pushing the stroller wasn't even Tony.  Crap!  Oh well... I guess I'm just continuing the trend of posting pictures of random passer-bys in this post.  But can you blame me for snapping one of those darling preschoolers taking a stroll holding on to loops tied to a rope?  It was just too cute not to.

Oh, and happy December!!  Ack!

19 comments

Vanessa said…
Georgetown is most certainly a swoon-worthy town! It is just beautiful. & breaking your cupcake fast (why would you even have one?!) for GT Cupcakes is a must. They are the BEST cupcakes ever. Mmm!
Carlie said…
I love cupcakes! Next time I am in DC I will have to try those places. Again, great pictures!
Rebecca said…
I love Georgetown! One of my favorite shopping towns :)
Mars said…
I need to go to the east coast ASAP! It looks gorgeous there! love the old buildings and of course, I'm dying to try DC cupcakes!! PS I'm swooning over your red pants. i've been looking for some for months but can't seem to find "the pair". Where did you snag yours from? Also love that you take pictures of random peeps and post them on your blog LOL!
amy said…
Wow, totally jealous!! I love love love all of the yellow leaves! Stunning!
Vivian said…
Never been there. Looks so pretty specially with the Fall colors. I don't know how you did it. I have to have a cupcake every.single.day. Or at least try to...
Kailin said…
Ooohh! Georgetown is so fun. We went, but the line for cupcakes was 2.5 hours! Maybe next time.
[eeny] said…
Great pictures.
I love DC and Georgetown and cupcakes of course =)
Amanda M. said…
Ack! Haha - Love it! :)
This isn't the purpose of your post...but I really love your outfit!

(cupcakes are good too haha)
Unknown said…
I LOVE Georgetown! Its so beautiful in the fall.
Shay said…
Ahhh, I have ALWAYS wanted to go there! I bet during the fall it is just stunning!
Unknown said…
I love Georgetown! My grandparents live about 30 minutes from there! These photos bring back happy memories!
Lauren said…
Your red pants are HOT. ;)
Wow. Your photography is amazing. Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing <3
Suget said…
haha awesome stuff! I want to go there. I'll put it on my list, maybe when I save and save money I can take my littl kiddos on a trip to the east.... love the scenery. and those homes and streets do look inviting. those cupcakes look so delicious too
Kate said…
LOVELY pictures!!!!!! Love the yellow leaves on the ground! and i love washington DC!! Only been there once for a week and it was amazing!

In our sea of love
shaka said…
oh my gosh! i was at georgetown cupcakes this weekend as well! and i also live in a virginia (just a few miles from dc) glad you had fun! i love this area of our country!
Kendra said…
Our photos look so similar :)

http://jkoakden.blogspot.com/2011/11/georgetown.html

I live just outside of Georgetown and frequent its lovely streets just about every week! It's so quaint!

I just found your blog and I am smitten with it! Newest follower!