quickie craft

I'm a fan of making things in a jiffy.  I get antsy sitting in one spot hunched over a project.  T'was last week that I sat quasimoto-style for 20 long minutes untangling 3 different necklaces.  Suuuch a drag.  It was about that long that I realized my long dangly necklaces needed some separation.  So, I dug into my things and thought up something to do.. I've seen very similar things done everywhere but I thought I'd share what I decided to do with mine.  I bought this adorable frame last summer that will probably eventually be put to better use (it used to be a prop for shoots when frames in pictures were all the rage..  not my style anymore)  So I found these thingys...

and bent them out of shape with two pairs of pliers.
IMG_6428blog

I screwed them in manually (get gloves or use the pliers because the wood in my frame was tough to puncture).
IMG_6416blog

And well, there you go.  I just lean it on my dresser and I rather like it.  Nothing huge.  Just another excuse to take bright colorful pictures.  And that's about it from me.

Sianara suckers! (ugh.. Too much Simpson's in my household growing up. lol)

25 comments

Pia said…
That's such a lovely idea! Decorative and handy - I love it!
Marci Darling said…
I love the idea! AND the bright colorful photos!
Brittany said…
look at you, i love that! such a cute idea.
SloneFamily said…
That is so cute..... what a crafty gal you are!
Ha ha wasn't it like...two weeks ago that frames in pictures was in style? Or doesn't every female mormon photographer in the world still do it? Never understood it. But I think you're great. I would honestly recommend you to anyone.

And your necklace frame looks adorable. Is that wall paper behind it?
Lauren said…
OHHHH!! Love this! I have to make one!!! Thanks for sharing your craftiness! :)
tHe ApPeLs said…
cute idea and super cute necklaces!
Whitney said…
You are a genious!
Alexa Mae said…
sooooo cute girl!! you are genius. thats why i love you.
well, that and you're hot. ;)
that is pretty nifty and really unique.
Anonymous said…
~~*I totally have a frame with my necklaces on it. Must be the thing now...I found my cute frame @ Marshall's and it's such a FUN TURQUOISE =-) I LOVE IT!!! Now my jewelry doesn't get tangled.*~~
ConnieB said…
Thank you guys for the love (: And no, not wall paper, just paper! But I thought it was bright and fun to add behind.
Tiffany Haynes said…
Very cute! I've been working on my jewelry mess for quite a while and I think I've almost got it done. I'm just waiting on my dear hubby to finish a few things (I'm not as handy as you are). Maybe when he's actually home for more then five minutes he'll get a chance.

Let me know if you have any questions with Bridge. Seriously! I know I'm not the best explainer, in fact, I think I might be the worst.
Unknown said…
So cute! And those little baby girl pictures that you took on your photo blog, AMAZING! They could not be any cuter! I got my old suitcases at the star mill in salt lake. Its a SUPER AMAZING antique store, if you are ever up there you have to go. (Its in American Fork) :)
Natalie said…
shut UP this is way too cute.

i look at my jewelry {and wardrobe} and cry..i cry a long, loudly audible lament. hahahahaha.

<3
Sara said…
Lovely! I have mine on a hanger but they get tangled. I will have to try this!
sylvia said…
That is the best idea! I think I'll have to give this one a try.
Great idea... nice way to recycle an old frame!
[eeny] said…
What a fabulous idea. Have to keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing =)
That is SUCH a great idea! My mom made this type of thing all of the time with little hooks but I LOVE your idea, so simple and totally beautiful! I'm so trying this after we move!!!!!
And the pics are all so very pretty :)
angiedunn said…
ohhhhhhhhmigosh. so so so so so cute. what a great idea. genius.

adorable blog.
Alexandria said…
I just made one of these like a week ago!! Love it!

Crafty gal!
Ali Brown said…
doing this. TODAY. Thank ya much :) XoXo
Wendy said…
Oh this is cute!! I may have to copy you because my necklaces are getting tangled! Saw you on Tatertots and Jello weekend wrapup!
Tiffany said…
Love this idea!