Teriyaki Bacon Ranch Chicken

I found this recipe from kevinandamanda.com and will forever use it!  It's the easiest recipe of all time, too. Your husband will never know it took you no time at all either, since it tastes so darn good!

I'll give you the quick version but if you are unsure about anything, be sure to find it on kevinandamanda.com/recipes for her very detailed instructions! (See my asterisks at the bottom for my alterations)

What you'll need:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Colby and Monterey Jack.. I don't really think it matters!)
1/2 lb bacon

Cook your bacon, let cool and chop into bits.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and lightly brown each side (about 4-5 minutes each side).  Place chicken breasts in baking dish, cover with teriyaki sauce and pour a strip of ranch on top of each chicken breast.  Sprinkle with cheese and top with bacon bits.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.


My Notes:
*I've already altered this recipe from hers- in that, she wanted you to cook it for 25-35 minutes and that is WAY to long.  If you've already browned your chicken it really doesn't need that much longer in the oven.  I never cooked them longer than 20 minutes and could probably knock it down to 15 even. (besides if you cook it for too long the toppings will melt off)
* Since I only cooked this for two, I used three smaller chicken breasts rather than six and I didn't spilt them.  I just pounded out the ones that were really fat so they'd cook more even with the other chicken breasts.
*She used the kikkoman teriyaki marinade & sauce but I think it's too strong and watery.  I bought the kikkoman teriyaki baste and glaze and I think that's what made it so great- I LOVE teriyaki glaze!
*I also used turkey bacon with this and loved it.  I haven't tried it with regular bacon yet.

0 comments