Monday, November 2, 2015

Getting by until Christmas

I've always been disappointed with the thanksgiving decor over the years.  Only recently have I seen some cute stuff at Target and I'm really happy about it.  Of course, I still haven't gotten any of it... but in time.  This year I decided to add more gold into my Thanksgiving decor to take away from all the orange and brown.  Not my favorite colors to decorate with but it definitely feels like fall outside - and now inside!  Again, this is a post solely for me to remember what I "did" as far as decorating.  I love doing posts like this for me to look back on.
IMG_7868 IMG_7870 IMG_7873 IMG_7935 IMG_7877 IMG_7883 IMG_7885IMG_7886 IMG_7889 IMG_7892
This centerpiece is usually ironed and put on my table but not this year since all my kids climb on the table and get into stuff.  I wish I could say it's just my (almost) two year old that does it but no... it's all of them. lol  I already have my 2016 calendar ready in storage to put up in a couple months.  Can't believe the year is flying by like this!IMG_7896 IMG_7902 IMG_7904 IMG_7906 IMG_7907
I did a fall styled shoot recently where we were going to put up gold leaves.  There were some hiccups and we never ended up using them.  So, I decided to put my leaves (and two cans of gold spray paint) to some good use.  Don't worry, the first sign of mold and my halloween jack-o-lanterns will be gone.  My kids drew pictures of what they wanted their pumpkins to look like and I recreated it.  It was the safest way.IMG_7921 IMG_7922 IMG_7924 IMG_7929 IMG_7914 IMG_7931 IMG_7880
I love kid made decor... and a lot of it is made by me (both above and others) but let's be honest... I'm really just getting by until I can put out my favorite decor of all... CHRISTMAS!