Monday, March 16, 2015

Photography and Me: Rebranding {Part 5}

I thought I was done with this series but it turns out I'm never done talking about photography.  Ha!  I've been thinking lately... branding a business is one of the hardest things to do as a business owner.  I've had so many looks it's hilarious!  I used to think of it as a weakness (like I was indecisive) but I've learned that it's actually the best thing you can do.  Think about it!  Even multi-million dollar corporations rebrand from time to time.  You have to keep up with the market and what draws people in.  Of course the most important part is having an unbeatable product or service... but a logo can really help make a good (or bad) first impression.

IMG_0396 IMG_0391 IMG_0389

I think it's important to rebrand each time you reach a new point in your business.  For me, as I've gotten better at what I do, gotten better equipment and so forth, I've been able to raise my rates.  As I've raised my rates and improved what I offer, I've found it beneficial to rebrand.  Not only has my style evolved but I've found that the more professional I've gotten in my work, the more professional I want my brand to appear.  Also, the older I've gotten the less frilly I've wanted my logo to be (;

IMG_0381 IMG_0382blog

I changed a few things recently (probably not for the last time but for now this is where I'm at!)  This time I made a larger change and that was:  going by my full name!  I did this for two reasons.  One, I was finding that a large number of my clients didn't even know my name- and two, I think it's more professional.  I chose "Connie B" originally to be unique... "Connie B Photography" has a ring to it.  I also chose it mostly because it was easier for people to say.  Now that I shoot film I had to make a major change and that was it.

IMG_0401

So there you have it.  I started offering film photography to my repertoire, I changed my look, changed my name, and I'm loving it.  Ba-da-buh-ba-baaah. (Had to.)  So grateful there's a company like Tiny Prints that can offer custom business cards!  I was wanting something very specific and they were able to do it.  It was really hard not getting a folded card or square shape.  I loved all the variety to choose from. I chose the pearl paper for a pretty sheen.  So fun!IMG_0399
How about this blast to the past with old logos I used to have!  My how things have changed... (Go to my photography website to see my newest logo in action;)
logos