Thursday, March 15, 2012

11 things

The lovely Oana Befort, all the way from Romania, tagged me for this 11 random things post. I was happy she did, I've seen this out for a while and it always looked fun.
{1. Post these rules 2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things 3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post 4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them 5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.}
(This was me yesterday)
.... ha!  More like, this was me ten pounds ago.  Baha. 
11 random things:
1. I have horrible hearing.  It can be embarrassing at times since I don't always fess up when I don't hear something someone says.  It can be hard to pretend I know what they are talking about.  ha ha!  I mean, I never do that.
2. I do whatever I can to keep there from being a lull or silence during conversation.  Ultimately this leads to me talking more than I want to and saying more than I wish I did.  What can ya do.
3. Reading puts me to sleep.  Rarely, when I find a good book I can read chapter after chapter- but for the most part, throughout my life it just makes me nod off.
4. I was named after all men.  My grandpa named Conrad and grandpa named Ray.  Hence: Connie Rae.
5. When I ran the Baltimore Half Marathon I didn't stop running ONCE!  My motivation?  Thinking about 'ol long beard Forrest Gump.  Seriously.
6. I always wished I did dance growing up.  I did ballet as a kid and then stopped and tried it again in college.  Unfortunately I missed my mark... although I think I could've been really good at it.  The world may never know.
7. I've played the piano since I could reach the keys and I took lessons from the time I was 8 to my senior year in high school.  I got a scholarship, even.  I miss playing like I used to.
8.  I used to be really shy.  It comes out of me now and then but for the most part I can't believe that word ever described me.  I'm glad I grew out of it.
9.  When I was in high school I ran track.  Out of no where my coach and I discovered I had a talent for the hurdles.  My coach loved my form and wanted me to show the "kids" how it's done.  My first attempt I fell on my face.  What else?
10. I'm a klutz.  It's not so much that I'm a klutz though, I think, that I just scurry around too much and am not careful.  I usually get a cut, burn or bruise myself a few times a week because of it.
11. I got blonde highlights for the first time in 2009 and since then haven't really found my true natural color.  My natural is suuuper dark and most people say it's black.

11 questions answered: 
(oops on 1-4 I started answering the ones she did, not the ones she asked me, oh well.)
1.Describe your perfect day, who would be there?
A full day at Disneyland with kids who were able actually do stuff & have a blast (not just sit in a stroller), cotton candy + that cute ice cream parlor on Main, handholding + smooching my husband throughout the day (and those random looks we give each other where we know we're both thinking, "wow, look at those amazing kids we made"), lunch or dinner at the Blue Bayou (the restaurant in the pirates ride- LOVE that place), and fireworks to finish.  Oh, and we would go on a weekday when it's slightly less chaotic and busy.  Although growing up in California I'm okay with the crowds for the most part.  That really would be a perfect day!  
2. If you could do one thing that would be felt worldwide, what would it be?
Honestly I would share my testimony of Jesus Christ.  I think so many people have tons of unanswered questions in their mind- or pain they cannot seem to get rid of alone- but because of Jesus Christ I have those answers and I've had that help.
3. What is your favorite book of all time?
The one I've read since I could read and the one that gets me through each day- The Book of Mormon.
4. If you could keep any wild animal as a pet what would it be?
I've always had a soft spot for Koalas.  I don't know much about them though- are they vicious?  haha!  They just look so cuddly and sweet.
5. What is your favorite season and why?
I always have said fall- I think because it's nice to feel like you're finally getting a break from the high temps- and the fall colors are so amazing.  But spring is spectacular (at least in some areas I've lived) and summer is fun too.  Oh nevermind I don't know.
6. What's the most interesting place you've ever traveled to?
Maybe it's a tie... this is hard, I've been to lots of places!  But I'm thinking Victoria, Canada and Plymouth, Massachusetts.  Victoria was INSANELY beautiful we stayed at this castle of a hotel.  It was fun and definitely new to go somewhere that uses different currency.  They were amazed when I pulled out american money.  And Plymouth was just so historic and charming- not to mention I had the best clam chowder of my life and will always remember how peaceful it was there.
7. What characteristics do you value most in your friends?
Being genuine.  I love the word because it pretty much sums up all those that I feel the closest to.  I can really tell those who are genuine and truly care about me- and those are my truest friendships. 
8. What word best describes your personality?
Fun...?  I don't know it's hard to describe ME in just one word.  But I love to laugh and have a good time so hopefully people think I'm fun.
9. How would you like to be remembered?
As everyone's friend.  Truly, I hate having enemies.  And honestly I don't "hate" anyone- I just know that some people aren't going to appreciate me like I wish they would.  So I think there are people who dislike me before they know me and I really wish that wasn't the case (but it will always be, for every person, I know.)  But truly... I want to leave this world knowing I was nice to everyone and for those who truly know me to feel my love for them.
10. What do you photograph the most?
What DON'T I photograph?  Um, well in looking at instagram, my family, trees, and food.  I guess.
11. What do you look forward to every day?
A couple things:  greeting my little ones in the morning.  They are so sweet and always so "huggy".  And after that, getting out of the house!  I love going on little car rides or drink dates with my boys.  I love it the most when Tony can go with us because 1, I don't like driving and 2, he's so much fun to be with.


11 questions asked:
1. Who do you most admire?
2. What's one food will you NOT eat?
3. What's something you love the most about yourself?
4. If you knew you had one day to live, what would you do?
5. Where is your favorite place to be?
6. What new years resolution have you already broken?
7. What moves your soul the most?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What's your most embarrassing moment?
10. What's one of your biggest fears?
11. If you could spend a day with anyone, past or present, who would it be? :)

I tag: you.