Monday, February 13, 2012

i ♥ valentine's day

By the time Valentine's day comes around I'm sooo excited for it.  Tony is already talking about next Christmas but not me- I'm over it for now.  (Although let the record show, the meaning behind that holiday is my very favorite of all of them, and the entire season is more exciting than most, I think.)  But it's funny how the next upcoming holiday suddenly seems like my favorite. (;  It makes sense though why I love Valentine's day so much- it's PINK and frilly- and a completely girly holiday.  Plus, who doesn't love being swept off their feet with flowers and candy?  I'm a fan of that.

Brody and I made these cupcakes the other week for FHE treat.  I used DUFF chocolate cake mix and decided to poke chocolate chips in them after baking them for a couple minutes already (a cupcake no, I know, I watch cupcake wars) but I'm glad I did.  They were de-vine.  And the strawberry frosting was the perfect compliment.  I've had these silicone baking cups for years that my mom gave me but I'd never used them before.  My cupcakes stuck.  Any tips?  But, it was still kinda fun eating them in these pretty little cups with a fork.  Whatever gets these in my belly the fastest, I say.
Since I'm in such a festive, good mood, I felt like sharing the frosting recipe that I've been hoarding for the past year.  Sometimes, I get recipe greedy, I'll admit.  I found this strawberry frosting recipe on Martha Stewart that I used for our moving away/Brody's early birthday party last February.  I planned on sharing it then.  I got busy?  Word on the street is it's very similar to Sprinkles Cupcakes strawberry frosting.  Yes please.  I know you love my frost job.  I packed my frosting tools already, okay?  Just sayin.

mmm.  Yummy.

10 lovely comments:

Emily Meyers said... Reply To This Comment

Haha I know just what you mean! For me its always hard to share a recipe that i get compliments for or get poeple wanting more. Bad bad hoarder. these look yummy! thanks connie!

Amira said... Reply To This Comment

I have to work on not being a greedy recipe hoarder also! There's something about me that wants to keep it "mine" haha

Bree Holloway said... Reply To This Comment

So cute! We make chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting as well, but unfortunately, they aren't cute little hearts like that. :)

hugs,
~bree

Jennifer Blair said... Reply To This Comment

These are so stinking cute!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Yum! Happy Valentines Day!

Shannon said... Reply To This Comment

Those look delicious. Happy valentine's day!

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

- said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mars said... Reply To This Comment

mmm! I think silicone baking cups are so cute and I see them everywhere-I've never used them though...at least the cupcakes tasted good and looked pretty. That's all that matters!

Blytheponytailparades said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful shots and these look SUPER delicious :)

photography4thecreator said... Reply To This Comment

These are lovely yet simple, sweet and of course picture perfect. I must say you have enchanted me with your blog so I had no other option than to follow.......

Janelle