Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentine's day came early.

While Tricia was here Tony took me on a date that he'd been planning for several months.  It was initially going to be a surprise but he couldn't wait to tell me.  We went to Indiana for a day date to a spa where we got facials, couples massage with salt scrub, & hot rock foot soak.  Neither of us have ever been to a spa so it was always something we wanted to do.  It was so thoughtful and I really enjoyed my morning with him.  Although I did find out I'm not much of a massage person.  They are way better when Tony gives them- not some complete stranger.  I couldn't relax half the time!  Ha ha.  After all that, we went to get lunch at one of our favorite places here, for the last time since we are about to leave Kentucky and never come back!!  As much fun as it's been here on this little adventure, I'm pretty pumped to move.  Even though it's not where we thought we'd go.  Anyway, I intentionally left the camera at home and didn't get any pictures of our early Valentine's date.  It was better that way.
Also while Tricia was here, I thought it would be fun to make paper valentines decorations to put around the house.  Nothing fancy- but a great kid activity.  I don't have much in the way of  Valentines decor which is a shame.  Brody loved painting the hearts with glue and dumping glitter on them the most.  He also liked stamping words on our conversation hearts.  Otherwise I let him cut up random scraps of paper since he doesn't quite have his hearts down :p  "Fax me"  haha... remember when that was on a conversation heart?  Now you see "tweet me" and "U R A QT" and junk.  I love this holiday!

14 lovely comments:

Morgan said... Reply To This Comment

I love your decorations!! That are so cute!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

Very cute!

brooke field said... Reply To This Comment

Love your decorations!

The Egg said... Reply To This Comment

awwww all of these are so sweet. you are so such a fun mama!
the egg out west.

Jennifer Blair said... Reply To This Comment

These are such cute decorations! Fun. I'm with you on the massages. I like my hubby's much better than some stranger. I get way too tense! ha!

Cynthia said... Reply To This Comment

love love love the decorations! I love Valentine's Day and have rounded up all my red, pink, purple and similarly colored paper to make some fun heart stuff.

Vivian said... Reply To This Comment

We've never had any massages alone or as a couple. Part of me would like some kinds of papering, but like you I worry I may not relax since it's coming from a stranger. Anyhow, so glad you got to go on a marvelous date. Your house is looking pretty cute for Valentines!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said... Reply To This Comment

"Fax me" That is so cute!

Where did you get your "Live love laugh" things? As you can tell from my blog name, I kind of like that saying. ;)

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

So pretty. I love that holiday, too! And girl, I know exactly what you mean about not being able to relax when being given a massage! I think the last time I had one done, I was in more pain than when I went in to get the pain taken away. haha

Brianna said... Reply To This Comment

Very cute little crafts! Thanks for some great ideas! :)

Bri said... Reply To This Comment

your valentine's spa retreat is just what i need! and those hearts are pretty cute :)

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

those are cute decorations.
YAY for an early Vday date. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

What a perfect early Valentine's date! I got a massage gift certificate for my birthday and I can't wait to cash in on it! It will be my first massage ever and I really think I'll love it! I wish it was a couple's massage though... I'd love it if Eric was there with me!

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

I could really go for a couples spa day- that sounds fantastic! Love the decor as well