Monday, January 2, 2012

a new year.

I usually do a year in review post... you know the ones.  It usually takes me WAY too long to do since I have to go back a year, pick my favorite moments, grab pictures, photoshop them in a neat little collage, then write it out and send you back with a million little links attached.  Sounds like a rather appealing task at the moment.  Me and all my copious amounts of energy lately would just love that.  However, this year I've decided to forgo blogging that delightful nugget of work and break tradition by not posting one of those.  Rather, I'd like to just talk about my year in a collection of ultra-captivating sentences (my explanation of why I'm not doing one is taking long enough;)
2011.  Good times, eh?  I started the year in Arizona where most of our family and all of my heart lives.  (I can hear you now...Cheeeeeseball!  Hey, it's the hormones talking, give the cry baby a break.  Yes, that's a confession that I cry about nothing these days.  If you call PEETA kissing Katniss nothing!)  Then mid March we up and left to Kentucky.  And in a couple short months we'll up and leave again.  I'm guessing more personal growth is coming.  Seems to happen with each new big change.  It was a hard year at times, but a great year overall.  I grew as a person.  I've become closer to Heavenly Father as I've sought different kinds of comfort and guidance.  Had we been in Arizona, I doubt I would have had some growing moments that I've had out here.  I've been forced outside of my comfort zone, I've taken a step back from my photography business and decided what I want from that, Tony and I work together in more ways than we did before, and I've made more of an effort to keep family the closest people in my life.  That's what I care about most.  All the things that happened in 2011 were things I needed.  Am I excited to be moving forward??  Absolutely!  Because it means a new house, living somewhere for longer than a year (making a more permanent home, yay!), a new baby (which I'm MORE than ready for... Brody and Hyrum are farther apart in age than I wanted), and who knows what else.  Were the parties, the holidays, the family visits, the vacationsroad trips, and SO much more great about 2011?  Yes, they were!  But since I can say I'm stronger than I was a year ago, then that's the greatest thing that happened all year.

2012... I'm nervous and excited at the same time.  Happy New Year!

15 lovely comments:

Makay said... Reply To This Comment

I'm glad you didn't take all that time to make that super long "generic" post. :) This was better. ;)
You are gorgeous by the way...
And Happy New YEAR!
Cheers...
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Carlie said... Reply To This Comment

I liked the short review too. I bet it will be a great year for you soon-to-be-5!

Kaitlyn said... Reply To This Comment

Happy new year! Seems like you had a great year. Stepping out of your comfort zone is a must, for growing! Yay on a new house and a new baby! :)
Love the pictures!


In our sea of love

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

I honestly cannot wait to read what is in store for you and your family. I feel like I travel thru your experiences hehe But yay!! moving and new baby, with Brody and Hyrum getting older... that is exciting!

The Egg said... Reply To This Comment

cheers to 2012!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

I second "The Egg" -- cheers to 2012! Let's make it awesome!!

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

It'll be a great year. New baby, new home, new adventures!

Kate said... Reply To This Comment

I hope they were HAPPY tears about Peeta kissing Katniss....because he is the most amazing ever.

Oops, priorities...I meant to say: This was a lovely post with a great sentiment. I look forward to following along as your life takes you on a new year of adventures. Best of luck in 2012! <3

Jess McCormick said... Reply To This Comment

Oh, I've been out of the loop for far too long! Congrats on the pregnancy! I'll cross my fingers for you for a girl ;) Have you already said when baby is due? Happy New Year!

Jussie De Guida said... Reply To This Comment

I just found your blog and I am in love! I literally went back 6 or 7 pages and could not stop. Your pictures are beyond gorgeous, as well as your whole blog design. So simple, neat, and classy vintage. Congratulations on your third pregnancy! This is definitely going to be a great year for you!

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

I'm a little disappointed to not see the AHoy there Matey above. :) It's been forever since I've checked other blogs and it appears I missed some exciting news. Congratulations on baby #3! I'm so excited for you. Secretly, I hope it's a girl then we can be same, same. :) You're sweet for even doing this post. I say "You want to see what we did last year? Check back a few pages!" You're a much better woman and blogger than I! Here's to 2012, now let's bring on spring! :)

Alyssa said... Reply To This Comment

Love the Hunger Games reference!! I'm a huge fan! :)

Darcie Santoyo said... Reply To This Comment

I think 2012 is going to be good. Sounds like with all the growing and things you've accomplished its going to be really good for your family too :) God bless!

jessica said... Reply To This Comment

I'm glad you had such a great year, spiritual growth is an amazing thing. Hope you 2012 is just as awesome, if not more!

P.S. I am from Kentucky, so that was kind of neat to read that you are living there for now, I feel like KY doesn't have many bloggers! :)

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

Oh great. I'm almost in tears. I needed this today. I'm scared but I know that with Heavenly Father's help and love of my hubs I will make it through this big change.
You and I will both make it through...right?! :)