Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Make-up tips {review}

Hey Guys!  I'm happy to share with you some beauty tips that have recently come my way!  See how these affordable, multi-purpose products can help you easily perfect your holiday makeup looks.  I'm talking about Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly, NEW Vaseline® Lip Therapy Original®, & NEW Q-tips® Precision Tips™.

Before Rocket XL even contacted me to review Vaseline and Q-tips I was already a believer.  Both have been a household staple since I can remember.  I had my own jar of Vaseline when I was a kid because I have dry skin... and especially in the winter!  And now that I'm a mom I use it for my kids too; to soothe their skin and bums.  I don't know what I would do without it.  I thought I knew everything about it's amazingness but I've recently found that there are really SO many more uses for it.  From your nails, to your hair & skin... let me just say I'm excited to try out all the things on the list of uses I was given.  I mean did you ever think Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly could help moisturize dry hair or add luster? The thought never crossed my mind...but it can!

putting a tiny amount of vaseline is a great way to conceal split ends!
I want to share just a few more make-up ideas using these products.  No matter how busy you get this holiday season, your eyes, cheeks and lips can be glowing, gorgeous and ready-to-go.  Sounds fabulous, right?

For lips:
·A pinch of your favorite powdered drink combined with Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly creates flavored lip gloss – it’s pretty and delicious!

When I read this I thought: Genius!  How have I not thought or heard of this before?  My go-to look is usually more natural in the lips so I thought using a mild pink color powder would be perfect.  And for when I'm dressing up more and want something more bold I went with a cherry mix to add more vivid color.  What I love is that you get the glossy look in addition to the flavor and color.  Plus it's fun to try to make your own gloss.  Little tip:  if it's grainy before hand, it'll be a little grainy in your gloss.  That can be nice for exfoliating lips, of course (;
For Cheeks:
·Mix a dab of Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly with loose eye shadow to create a moisturizing blush.
You saw this post right?  My cheeks look more shiny than normal (in a good way!) and that's because I used this tip!  I had this pale blush color that wasn't much on it's own but when I added Vaseline to it, it really made my face glow.  It's moisturizing too.  Who wouldn't love that?

For Eyes:
·Use Q-tips® Precision Tips™ for eye shadow application because they’re disposable – you can use a new one for each shadow color to ensure hues stay true.

Designed with pointed cotton tips, they are soft, safe and gentle, and perfect for tasks requiring a little more precision, such as makeup application and touch-ups.  I was able to use my Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly as a base- just swiped a thin layer over my lids and applied my shadow over it with the same Q-tip. The look not only makes you glow and sets your shadows perfectly but it moisturizes your skin at the same time.  Beautiful.

I was also able to try the NEW Vaseline® Lip Therapy Original® (pictured at top) and was blown away!  First- look how compact it is?  This is going to be a new permanent addition to my purse.  You'll love it.  Vanity Fair has already acknowledged how wonderful a product it is.  So shiny on my lips and smooth.

I hope you have fun trying these tips out- have a beautiful holiday season! (:  Feel free to share more uses of these products that you've discovered!

*I was provided with Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly, Vaseline® Lip Therapy Original®, Q-tips® Precision Tips™, a $25 gift card and information about the products by RocketXL. All opinions are 100% my own.
*All pictures taken are of the products I mentioned, and nothing else!

10 lovely comments:

Carlie said... Reply To This Comment

I love vaseline and Q-tips. I actually use vaseline to help me not get bloody noses. So there are tons of uses! =)

dottie said... Reply To This Comment

Some really good tips!!!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Vaseline is the best way to keep my lips moist during winter time. I never saw the small ones over her. I wish they had them, I'd totally buy them - one for each purse of course =) These are just perfection.

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

I will have to start doing this. I use mainly cream makeup because I am pretty pale, but it's expensive and often is much darker than needed.

Makay said... Reply To This Comment

Use it under your eyes at night for an intensive anti-aging and moisturizing treatment. Awesome.
Ky

Rebecca said... Reply To This Comment

I use vaseline on my feet before bed and put on socks when my feet get the midwinter blues!

Elizabeth and Kyle @ Love Is the Adventure said... Reply To This Comment

Alright, you sold me. Vaseline should pay you because I'm about to go out and buy a tub! :)

Mrs. Pancakes said... Reply To This Comment

Vaseline is awesome isn't! thanks for the great review!

dailydoily said... Reply To This Comment

I love it too. I always put it on my lips + there's always a jar by my bed. I haven't seen those new tops.

amy said... Reply To This Comment

I already use vaseline for my lips but I never heard you can put it in your hair!! Awesome!