Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a couple D.C. outings

While we were on our Thanksgiving trip I pretty much only took cell phone pictures.  But I did bring my "big camera" just incase.  I only took it a couple places.  My mom watched the kids for Tony and I one morning and we were able to tour D.C. together, alone, like old times.  We ran out the door so fast we forgot to eat breakfast!  (Not like we were anxious for a date or anything...)  So we ate breakfast in the Capital, enjoyed a tour there, took the tunnel to the beautiful Library of Congress, went to the National Archives (where you can't take pictures) and saw the Declaration of Independence among other things.  It was my second time touring the capital- they do it differently now- but my first time at those other places which is surprising since my family has been out there for a decade now.  We were bummed the Washington Monument is closed from being cracked in the earthquake- we meant to go up it on our Christmas trip there back in 07, and again on this trip.  Heck, even before we were even engaged when he took a trip to visit me out there we had talked about going.  That's what we get for procrastinating 5 plus years.  I really wanted Tony to experience that!  Someday.  But at least we got to do the Zoo lights since we never did before we moved out of Arizona- and this time it was free and at the National Zoo  (ooh la la).  Can't go wrong there...
Note: that is a sticker on my shirt for the tour.  Not a tag I forgot to cut off.  Although I wouldn't put it past me.
The tour guide lady said "sometimes people take pictures in the bathrooms even... not sure why."  So I was like... because I blog.  Booyah.
We kinda had the place to ourselves.
 I couldn't believe the insane crowd huddled around to see the dancing panda in the snowglobe.  It was so random

20 lovely comments:

Darcie said... Reply To This Comment

fun!!!

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like so much fun! I still love remembering my family's trip to D.C. fourteen years ago...it was one of the best vacations :)

Stephanie {Luxe Boulevard} said... Reply To This Comment

Is that a Whippy bow in your hair? I can't stop wearing my glitter and gold!

My husband was in Washington this past weekend. His brother got married. I sent him with the camera, and not one person took a single picture for me. No worries. I digress.

Carlie said... Reply To This Comment

I can't believe how uncrowded it is! When I was there over last summer there were tons of people! Looks like a good trip!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

so cool. love the zoo lights. and that tour... I need to put DC on my list of place to go. you guys looks so adorable.

Vivian said... Reply To This Comment

How fun to see the dancing panda! Like you say that is so random! I can't believe how it wasn't crowded at all. Now I know when to go to DC.

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

I think if I could choose one city to visit right now it would be DC- I love everything I see! Cute pictures, your outfits are always adorable!

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

I love these photos...and you seriously always have the cutest clothes. What a fun trip :)

Gentri said... Reply To This Comment

WOW! What gorgeous and amazing photos! looks like you had a blast!

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with Autumn. You have the cutest wardrobe and take such beautiful pictures.

Holly said... Reply To This Comment

your photos are amazing! and Washington DC looks so pretty! it's definitely a place on my list to visit. I've just come across your blog for the first time, from alicia at a crowley party, i'll be reading for sure!!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

looks SO fun. great pics!

Rebecca said... Reply To This Comment

DC is such a great time. I haven't done those tours in ages, but I did just visit the Smithsonian Natural History Museum and the Air & Space Museum. I bet Brody would love both of them.

Randi Gardner said... Reply To This Comment

I love your Christmas light shots! So dreamy!

The Egg said... Reply To This Comment

the xmas light pics are amazing! nice shots and i love your dress

xoxo the egg out west.

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

Love your blog! It looks like an awesome trip! I love Zoo Lights! You used to live in AZ?!

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

So beautiful! I would love to be in DC around the holiday season sometime. The lights are so gorgeous!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Wow! Amazing pictures of the lights!! Looks like a great trip :)

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE the pictures. What a fun trip! I want to go to DC someday.
And you are pretty as ever, Connie!

mandyface said... Reply To This Comment

Gagagorgeous. I really need to get to zoolights, or you know, anything remotely holidayish. Slow down life!!