Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas... underground.

A couple weeks ago, we had the unique experience to check out "Lights Under Louisville" at the Louisville Mega Cavern.  It's the only underground light show in the world.  We wouldn't have even known about it had it not been for Group-on.  We thought it was pretty cool- and I know Brody was loving it.  So apparently this "mega cavern" was built in the event of a nuclear attack?  That's what I assumed- especially after seeing the sign about staying safe incase of one.  If you want to live you can go there- buy a slot now- ONLY $10,000 per person!  Kinda freaky to think about on your way to a magical light display but... Anyway it was fun (:
_MG_4432
_MG_4474
_MG_4482
_MG_4471

12 lovely comments:

Noelani said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh, I bet little ones go craaazy over this!!

xoxo,
Noelani

Makay said... Reply To This Comment

Holy moly! I wanna go!
And yeah- that is a scary thought... nuclear warfare.
I don't think I can pull 10,000 though. Haha.
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Darcie Santoyo said... Reply To This Comment

i love all your pictures, thanks for sharing! its a little scary to me about the signs you were seeing though!

Alyssa Ann said... Reply To This Comment

Yeah I wouldn't of wanted to think about that while heading down there but OMG what a beautiful light show!

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful pictures, Connie!

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

It's cool you got to take everyone here. We are headed to an ice castle on Saturday! Love, Mother

Mommyblogger said... Reply To This Comment

Is this in Louisville, KY?
We live in Eastern, Ky & I've never heard of it. Looks amazing. I'd love to take my kiddos next year.

Jazmyn Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Oh wow that's amazing! I'm really loving that GIF, but $10,000/person is way out of my price range haha! Please tell me that was a typo lol.

Love, Jazmyn

Amira said... Reply To This Comment

Definitely the most unique Christmas light show I've seen!

shaka said... Reply To This Comment

beautiful photos! it looks like so much fun!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

That is so cool. Love your little gifs. and oh my the lights... I bet it was a nice lovely way to get into the holiday cheer.

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

The lights during Christmas are my favorite- I love that they are all underground there! So neat!