Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brody mailed a letter to Santa...

It was his first time writing and sending a letter to Santa!  We finally had him do it today.  I helped Brody write the letter (he held the pen, I wrote what he told me to) and Tony helped him with the envelope.  Every year Brody and Hyrum get letters FROM Santa (neither Tony nor I write them honestly- and they are addressed from the north pole so... our kids are pretty in with the big guy, I guess;)  But anyway... Brody finally replied asking for what he wanted- and making sure Santa knew what he didn't need, too.  "I already have a bike", he says.  Ha!  We had Brody drop it off at Macy's since for every letter they receive they donate a dollar to the Make a Wish foundation.  It was a win-win.  Heck, a triple win seeing is I got to peruse through Macy's the week of Christmas.  Oh the hustle and bustle.  The decorations!  The Christmas music!  Macy's is magical, no?
*riding escalators for fun.
We had Brody carry the letter in his new Jordan kids backpack.  c/o Haddad Brands.  Shirt is also c/o Haddad Brands.  So long buzz lightyear backpack!  (Well maybe we'll keep it too, so I can keep my baby little for a little while longer;)
Brody had to make a pit stop before the big delivery...
All the scribbles you see through the envelope are pictures of presents Brody drew for Santa.  B thought he might need a visual. (:
Brody was SO excited he mailed his letter!
Earlier, on the way there... Hy was sporting his new Nike Beanie c/o Haddad Brands.  Even comes with matching fleece gloves.  I especially love that it stays ON and covers his ears.  My kids are going to be warm this winter!
Wee!  Now Santa knows where to find us!  :p

8 lovely comments:

Jazmyn Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

That is so sweet! I really can't wait until I can do things like that with my daughter, she's only 15 months so it's a little too early for us lol. Oh and I love Macy's during the holidays!! :)

Love, Jazmyn

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

This is just the sweetest! :) I remember my mom "mailing" my letters when I was little...so exciting!

Darcie Santoyo said... Reply To This Comment

what a sweetie! and i love your bokeh pictures, they are my favorite. makes me want to get my camera out and walk around the block to see all the houses

Mommyblogger said... Reply To This Comment

Oh I just love this! I bet he was so excited. My daughter is now too old for those sorts of things but my son is almost at the age to enjoy them. I can't wait!
Merry Christmas to You & Yours!!

Carlie said... Reply To This Comment

He looks so excited in all the pictures to be delivering his Santa letter! Too cute!

Meg {henninglove} said... Reply To This Comment

i cant wait to do this with my children!! but that is several years down the line still but what a great family activity, love the photos

Kaitlyn said... Reply To This Comment

You have such a beautiful house!
The santa letter is cute, i don't think they have one of those near me! I wish they did! Love the photos you got in the mall! Makes me want to go shopping and take my camera along! :D

In our sea of love

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

that is so cute. I have always wanted to take the boys to send their letters to Santa. THis year only Kai seen and sat on Santa ):
Hyrum's little smile is too adorable.