Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Around the house at Christmas time

It's been fun to slowly add to my Christmas decor little by little over the last 6 Christmas seasons that Tony and I have been married.  Here is a little of what I've done around the house with it all.  I love this time of year.  It's going to feel so bare when I take all this down in a couple weeks.  COUPLE WEEKS!?  Seems cruel.
The pillow & carousel are from my first Christmas & the three below those are from Tony's first few Christmases.  These are special!  I made handprint ornaments for the boys this year, too.  Those were done just like my Santa Tags.
Remember when I made this garland?  I made the holly garland to go with it too.  I love the way they look hung together.
My mom used to display our Christmas cards this way, so I've continued it.  I really like the clothes pin wreath idea that I've seen around to display them but for as large as cards are, this is the only way I'll be doing it for now.
There are more little things around the house but this post is long enough!  I just love all the little things my mom passed down to me or that I had as a kid.  And Tony's parents sent us some of his ornaments from his first few Christmases so that was wonderful!  For a while most everything was either mine or the kids.  I've really enjoyed making new things for the holidays this year, too.  

8 lovely comments:

Gentri said... Reply To This Comment

It all looks WAY cute! :) I posted about my Christmas decor today too!

Noelani said... Reply To This Comment

These decorations are all lovely, and I really like the way the cards are displayed - great idea.

xoxo,
Noelani

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

As usual, you are a decorating genius. You have just got to come and be my personal assistant! The frame with the Christmas sayings made me want to share that I framed your hand wreath from 1990. I hope I have time to blog it! Enjoy your Christmas! Love, Mother

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Awww! Everything is so pretty!

I sadly did not decorate for Christmas this year! :(

Carlie said... Reply To This Comment

I love the idea for the Christmas card holder. It is nice you can carry on that tradition!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

Your home is lovely!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I did the exact same thing to our santa pez, you know what they say great minds think alike!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful and festive. I like the whole card thing too. I am sad that I am going to have to take the decorations down in a matter of days ):