Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pictures of October

I feel forced to say these aren't in chronological order but that's just the... organizer in me talking.  Holy cow we had the most eventful October we've ever had.  We did the big things, and the little things.  Little things like pumpkin carving and cookie making- and big things like going to a farm and other parties.  We couldn't even make it to half the stuff friends planned, yet we were still so busy with fun shenanigans.  The farm... the pumpkin icecream... the tractor ride... the picking out pumpkins...the zoo... the ward party.... 
it was all so great.
_MG_0510blog
_MG_0533BLOG
Brody's costume was inspired by a cereal box.  He saw Darth Vader on the box and that was that.  He made up his mind early on what he was going to be.  He doesn't even know where Darth Vader is from or that he's evil.  I didn't want to ruin it for him.  Wanting my kids to match, I instantly googled if there were baby Yoda costumes available.  Sure enough!  I think he made the perfect Yoda.  Love it.  So last minute I decided to match the kids for the party.  I did Princess Leia from Emperor Strikes Back (you know, the "snow one").  I like this look better than the matronly white dress and ear muff buns.  Some people knew who I was, other's... not so much.  I was impressed at a 9 year old girl from Primary who knew who I was!  The best part was that it cost zilch. Nadda.  Nothing.  Ha.  Those kind of costumes are the best (in hind sight anyway;). Oh but I have to say Tony made this comment about my braided updo... "I like your hair like that if we were going out... you look hot!"
Well, then... looks like we have another look to add to this one and this one.  Haha.

Anyway... all this stuff took place about a WEEK before Halloween.  So, I'm not done.  More to come!  And I finally did just go with my initial costume idea for a friends party we went to Halloween night.  I didn't match the kids but I'm glad I dressed up how I wanted to originally.  (Don't get too excited, it was thrown together much like the above^ ;)

all that later...

14 lovely comments:

Tricia said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE the matching costumes. The cutest Yoda and Darth Vader ever. And you made a lovely Leia:)

Mommyblogger said... Reply To This Comment

Love the Darth Vader & Yoda costumes- seriously adorable! Looks like you all have had an awesome October, so many fun things. Hope your November is filled with just as much joy!

Randi Gardner said... Reply To This Comment

Best costumes ever!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

that is a cool Star Wars themed costume idea. haha baby yoda is too cute, Brody is too adorable. Looks like a fun October! Love the photos

Brittany E. said... Reply To This Comment

I love love all the pictures. When I saw the one with the ring toss, I momentarily freaked out because I thought maybe it was a real duck? Because I done lost my mind.

My two year old nephew went as Yoda too and I must say that is the cutest costume ever!

Brittany
http://adam-n-brittany.blogspot.com/

Carlie said... Reply To This Comment

I am so glad you commented on my blog so I could come and look at your recipes! There are some delicious looking meals that I will be making! And you are a very talented photographer. =)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Star Wars!!

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

YOU TOTALLY STOLE MY GUN!!!
your Han Solo blaster was a christmas gift, to ME, from SANTA! :P

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

haha Perris... I'm sure Santa got you one too. It came in the mail and I TOLD them not to send anything! Oh well ;)

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

Okay, those costumes are PERFECTION. He does make the perfect baby yoda! Great pictures

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I love the star wars theme! You all looked so cute! I visited my husband at work last night and i got a text later saying that my hair was getting long again and he thinks its pretty. Women always joke about men not noticing our hair. I dont think that is true at all. I'll have to try your heidi/leia up do too and see what Ryan thinks:)

brooke field said... Reply To This Comment

Love these fall photos! Your blog is great :)

Kelly said... Reply To This Comment

You have such wonderful lighting in your photos! Any secrets?

Lyndsay said... Reply To This Comment

I love this post, so many fun pictures. I want to visit where you live, its looks lovely!