Thursday, October 13, 2011

what this stay at home mom does

We listen to music (the song after the jump) and dance around.  Brody's idea, I can't claim it.   I just wanted to turn on music and go stuff my face (i think lunch is okay;).  But I figure soon they'll be teenagers with no interest in dancing and being silly with mom.  So I took Brody up on his suggestion and we also had more photobooth fun (since we got this Mac, we do that lots).  Kids are so awesome- seriously, being a stay at home mom is a dream come true!  They keep my mind occupied.  I don't worry about petty personal things I used to- I worry about them and their heath and happiness.
So I'm making this a series.  Although the difference is, now I want you to play along.  "What this mom does" isn't just for mom's who are home all day.  Working mothers too!  I want to post activities we do with our kids.  Then we can all get ideas from each other of things to do with them to fill our day.  Kids aren't kids when they watch TV or even do the same old things every day.  Let's get doing stuff and sharing those activities with each other!  (And no, it doesn't have to be anything grandiose... just anything!)  So if you decide to do this (which I hope you do) post a link back to me so I can see your activity.  I'm excited about this because it's the thing I do the most and I believe it's so important to give our kids a variety of experiences (:  There's plenty more where this came from.  ps. thanks for the sweet comments lately!  Love ya'll.


 *thinks: should I get bangs?  Front, not sideswept bangs... hmmm... nah.
*thinks: I have the best job ever.

14 lovely comments:

shaka said... Reply To This Comment

you are the cutest family ever! and such blog inspiration :)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

love you.

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

This is so stinkin' sweet!

Christa said... Reply To This Comment

This is too cute!

Aleksandra said... Reply To This Comment

Such cute pics!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Yeah for photobooth fun =)
You guys are so cute and funny.

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

this is precious! you do have the best job ever.

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

So cute :)

Mallory said... Reply To This Comment

adorable! I have been trying to do at least one different activity a day with my daughter besides our normal day to day things to we do. I have found so much stuff on Pinterest. We did bath time with glow sticks. Longest bath time ever, but so worth it and cleanest kid ev-ah!

good+hardy said... Reply To This Comment

So, this is too cute... and also really funny, because I literally JUST posted about our recent activities on my blog, and was thinking "hmm, I should post lots of activities!" And then went and read yours. So, I already participated! :)

http://goodandhardy.blogspot.com/2011/10/color-me-happy.html

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

ah CUTEST pictures! You do have a dream job! I love that you're doing this because I vow to play with my kids and not plop them in front of the tv all day every day. Pretty sure you deserve an awesome mom award :)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Fun!! I'll get on it :)

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

This sounds like an awesome idea. It def got my mind running. Cute photos of you and your boys, girl!

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

You are an amazing mother and wife, Connie. You do so much for our family and we all love and appreciate you :)