Tuesday, October 11, 2011

what makes me the happiest

Five years ago today I went through the temple for the first time to make promises to Heavenly Father that I would "be a good girl all my life" (as my amazing great grandfather would say); and also in preparation to marry my very best friend.  That day was so amazing- so anticipated.  All my childhood I looked forward to the day I could go to the temple.  It was everything I ever imagined, and more.  So peaceful - so beautiful - and when surrounded by the people you love the most inside, there's no place I'd rather be.  I'm so glad I had Tony with me that day.

And while we're on the topic of five years ago, the next day we were married!  I can't believe it's five years tomorrow.  Blows my mind.  So hows about this- I didn't even get our wedding pictures till last year!  It only took four years till I actually caught up with Mark Mabry and finally paid for these.  I procrastinate sometimes.  They might be old news but I think looking at them recently has been more special.  I've been able to reminisce about our old times together.  The way we were as an engaged couple was a lot like Noah & Allie in The Notebook (minus the fighting haha)... very much in love and extremely inseparable.  It was never a question if I wanted to marry Tony- it was common sense.  I had no other dream and I was lucky enough it was my reality as well.

About the pictures:  it was over 100 degrees that September day we took these.  We were sweaty, and my hair fell out of it's curls so I was really bummed.  Not to mention, my tailor took my dress out too much.  Even though there were a few things about my look I would've changed, I was too in love to care.  Honestly- we almost eloped (well, not really we just joked about it).  But yeah, all we wanted was to be married.
ps. my thoughts about keeping the spark alive in marriage here.

14 lovely comments:

Sasha said... Reply To This Comment

I love these pictures! You two are so cute! Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

i love your wedding pictures and you were such a pretty bride!

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Anniversary tomorrow! You both look like you could burst from all that happiness.

Hannah said... Reply To This Comment

Have you even aged a day?! You look gorgeous! Congrats on 5 years!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

You guys look so young! Not that you look old now, lol. Actually you look about the same, but Tony looks like a kid. Crazy! Congrats!

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

Happy anniversary to you guys! :)

Taylor {and} Scott said... Reply To This Comment

Is that mesa? What temple is it? Beautiful though! And um you have amazing brown eyes! Love these! Happy Anniversary tomorrow!

Aleksandra said... Reply To This Comment

Love these pictures!

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Anniversary! You two don't look like you've aged a day! Seriously!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Noah and Allie minus the fighting! Love it. Congrats!!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

love your pictures-so sweet! You are so pretty too!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Taylor- yes Mesa Temple! And thank you all for your sweet comments (:

♥ Elin ♥ said... Reply To This Comment

Happy anniversary to both of you! :)

Alycia (Crowley Party) said... Reply To This Comment

that last photo is breath taking! :) Love the temple in the background and the palm trees!