Thursday, October 20, 2011

fall sweets & treats

When Halloween is in the air there's one thing on most people's minds.  Well, maybe just my mind.  SUGAR!  I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth myself but it seems when these holidays roll around it get's even more attention.  Understandable.  And I'm sure most people are the same way.  So here's what my (our) sweet tooth has been up to...
::a trip to a far away Krispy Kreme (went twice the distance to this one, by accident, since I decided to take a "scenic route"; but found out it was much cuter/more historic looking than the other one we have nearby. So it worked.  Cutest doughnuts around, right?
::made these cookies for the heck of it one weekend night with Tony.  Then we had them every day for several days.  It's a big batch.  You've tried them right?!  They are my favorite in the world.
::also made sugar cookies- recipe soon.  Gosh I need to lay off the cookies.  For a festive treat you must try this.
::Oh yes and the dentist chair.  It happens.  (So do unbuttoned retarded looking boots.  I was in a hurry... didn't want the dentist to think I was taking a picture since I was happy to be there, or it's like a new thing.  *sigh.  You bloggers get me.)  Well, cavities this time.  What am I twelve? I floss everyday.  You did this to me.  And that's why we're taking a break.  It's not you, it's me.  No... no it's you.

7 lovely comments:

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Ugh I dread the dentist visits too. Those cookies look so scrumpcious. I normally eat mine all before I remember I should have taken a photo hehe Those Krispy Kreme donuts look so cute.

Laura said... Reply To This Comment

Hey...I get cavities and I am married to a dentist, so it can happen to anyone. :)

Jess said... Reply To This Comment

Cutest donuts ever! I have such a sweet-tooth these days... not a great thing when I'm pregnant AND the holidays are coming up :-/

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

Holy do-do. I have never seen cuter Krispy Kremes doughnuts such as those. Very festive! You're such a good mom, Connie... baking and whatever. I'd be like, hey you guys, Chips Ahoy are in the pantry.

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Mmmm... sugar! And I love your pumpkin bread. That crumb topping.. oh I could die!

AaReAn said... Reply To This Comment

oh my. officially hungry for a cookie and its only 10 AM. thanks! haha I was looking at your great photography site and I stumbled on your blog and just wanted to say hi :-)
Come on over and follow my new Color Issue blog...its all about COLOR!

xoxox,
Aarean

colorissue.blogspot.com

mandyface said... Reply To This Comment

My house needs all your major awesome baking skills up in thurr. Ima try to follow your good examples.