Thursday, September 8, 2011

Our long weekend, by my camera phone.

I take too many cell phone pictures.  And thanks to instagram I have more interest to do so.  Ahh well!  So this last weekend was packed full of plans.  Then one by one things didn't happen but we still had such a chill, fun holiday weekend with just us four.  Here are just a few pictures of stuff we did...
 I have been dreaming of trying french MACARONS (not to be confused with macaroons- those coconut things) for like a year.  I never really got around to it and then we moved here- Kentucky- where it seems no one is cool enough to know what they are.  Even the french bakery I called had no idea what they are!  Then, when it seemed all hope was lost, I called a place that had THREE salted caramel macarons left.  They aren't selling like hot cakes out here, yet.  I couldn't wait to try what I've heard is stepping in on the cupcake trend, and possibly taking over.  And let me tell you... I was not disappointed!  Holy cow- maybe it was that particular flavor, or that bakery, but it was divine!!  I want more!  Pronto!  Exclaim! Exclaim!  (seriously).  Tony, however, didn't care for the crunch and was not a fan.... and neither was Brody because I finished both of theirs.  But I am their new biggest fan- and I'm ashamed it took me this long to finally taste one.  Go try one and tell me what you think.
 How cute is Louisville?  I like that barber shop painted telephone pole and all the cute buildings.
Other than going to church, lots of football, playing with our boys, a trip to the mall to prepare for something coming up, and a target run, we just enjoyed relaxing.  We went to target to get something particular and while Tony was gone for a guys game night I couldn't wait and put it together.  I loved his note in the morning- made me laugh!  Look at all those parts!  I'll tell you more about that later, because I think it's funny but not because it's the greatest story ever or anything.  (:
Oh, and we also have enjoyed the coolest weather we've ever felt this early in the year (well not, ever... but for several years anyway).  It's been cloudy/rainy ever since sunday with highs around 65!  That's like winter in Arizona.  It's funny because Saturday was like 100 degrees- and then this.  I'm ready for the sun to come out again (I'm a fan of the heat over the cold) but I have to say it does feel nice- and I can't wait to see what "fall in kentucky" is like.

11 lovely comments:

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

I have never tried those macarons, but I've heard so much about them! Hopefully I can find somewhere that sells them. They look delish. Hopefully the falls and winters in Kentucky isn't too harsh for ya! Can't wait to read about how it's like then. :)

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like a great weekend.
I love macarons. Tried to bake some a while ago but failed big times - its still on my list of things to conquer. One day...!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh yes- mee too! I need to try to make some one of these days.

Aura said... Reply To This Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment, Connie. You voiced a lot of what I have been thinking about, myself.

Aura said... Reply To This Comment

By the way, my baby is in bed and my husband is also engulfed in football right now :) I got a kick out of that because my online time is when I am a "football widow," as I call it.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

wonderful!!
I cannot wait to see your Fall i Kentucky photos.
Love Tony's notes too.. haha
I have never heard of a macaron, but it does look yummy...

amy said... Reply To This Comment

I've never have had Macrons before they look very tasty!!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

NEED to try those. Tony's note is hilarious. I miss you lots and lots. Hyrum is getting WAY too big. I remember when he was just a little pee-wee who laid where you set him, and Brody almost jumped on him like 4 times haha. HE IS SO BIG NOW! And adorable as always!

snuc said... Reply To This Comment

If you ever visit Switzerland try "Luxemburgerli" from "Sprüngli" ---> http://collection.spruengli.ch/luxemburgerli.php?pid=bpmol9n7974b5stbvctevhs5q1

I think you would love it. :)

AngelaMuir said... Reply To This Comment

ive been obsessed with macarons for a while now and i finally figured out how to make them. i put it on my blog a while ago. they aren't as hard as you might think if you have a stand mixer. you can totally make them! the key is to whip the egg whites for a loooong time, but not too long :)

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

snuc- I was afraid that was going to be a bad link or something but my curiosity got the better of me (; Those look TO DIE FOR! Thanks! (Let's hope I find myself in Switzerland!) :p