Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Little Brody dreams | Army man

As we all know, this past Sunday was the 10th anniversary of the tragic terrorist attacks.  I'm still so touched by the people who stepped up to serve that day- and so humbled by them.  I'm glad many have found healing over the years.  The year after it all happened, my dad left to serve in the pentagon.  We were 3,000 miles apart that whole year, my senior year, but our whole family was grateful for what he was doing.  I've always felt a sense of pride in my dad for the fact that he was in the Army.  I'm so grateful for all the people who serve our country in that way.

I took these pictures the same day as the first set.  Brody got this uniform from my parents a couple years ago- it finally fits.  He's always pointing out army stuff and likening it to my dad.  He can't get enough of his "army mans".  I like to peek in on him when he's playing quietly in his room... I wish I knew what goes through his head.  I like to think it's a little bit like he's that army man, saving the world. (:
Happy Birthday to my sister Anne today!  I love you sissy!