Sunday, August 7, 2011

Today in Church...

Well, today in primary, there was a young boy who gave a talk.  He said something I loved that I wanted to share.  He talked about our bodies, which are temples, and he said,
"Satan even tempts us to think bad about our bodies; to think they are not good enough."
It's true, thinking bad about ourself is a temptation; and of course it doesn't help or lead to anything good.  The past couple years I've been really focusing on loving everything about myself physically because I know how important it is.  Loving yourself is the first step to loving others, I think.  It's sad that the trend seems to be those who "love themselves" are conceited (well in Jr. High anyway).  Well, that's no good way to think.  Why would I not want to be appreciative of what God has given me?  Trust me, there are flaws I wish weren't there.. but still, I can learn to love and appreciate even those.

Ever since I wrote a post about self esteem way back, I've wanted to do something and just haven't yet.  Write a post like this and have you tell me what you love about yourself.  That way we're all focusing on the good in us.  I've wanted to focus on what I love about myself instead of focus on the negative.  So for starters, I love my toes and my eyes.  I was going to have you comment & do the same but just think of something you love about yourself!  And then hopefully keep finding something about yourself to love everyday for the rest of your life.  It can only be a good thing, right?

*pictures from last summer.  I've also been working for the past long while to love my natural wavy/curly hair.  There she be!  I tame my bangs though.  I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work in this humidity.  (: