Tuesday, August 30, 2011

my birthday this year

My birthday was great this year!  Tony had to work but he sure made the day special.  He was going to get me a dozen cupcakes but I was like... I don't really need that many!  So he picked up cupcakes for me, my boys and I got a free donut for breakfast, and we met Tony for lunch at Firehouse for my free birthday sub.  Our usuals!  One thing that was crummy though... they don't really give free doughnuts here!  In AZ they give a free DOZEN!  Luckily though the guy felt bad and gave me and brody one anyway.  How generous.
 Looking at that sub makes me want one right now.  Oh so good.
(i put datil pepper sauce on every bite- remember my condiment love?)
Tony introduced me to Firehouse when we were dating (he discovered it on the mission)
If they didn't have one here, I think I would be miserable. haha
It was such a nice morning while my boys and I were out and about.
Tony left me little notes all around the house.
It was so nice... since he couldn't be with me all day, I still felt 
like he was there saying those things randomly to me.
Tony really spoiled me.. I got tons of stuff on my "wish list" including a cotton candy maker!  (for parties, of course;)  Tony's like, "those balloons are cool".. so when I looked over at them he had taped a gift card to one of my favorite stores on there.  Wahoo!
I opened my gifts when Tony got home and snarfed on a cupcake or two.
I of course had to try out my new cotton candy maker!
Btw, Brody did that football stance all by himself! 
We were at a store earlier that morning.
I think we have a future football player on our hands.
(ignore the beer in the background)
 We went to Red Robin because I'm all for free meals.  But they do it differently this year so I thought I was too late to get my free burger.  It didn't really matter, I was still really in the mood for it, it's been a while.  I got a free sundae, at least! (Man, I really milk birthdays;)
 That night we rented a movie I've wanted to see (I remember hearing about that girl when it happened).. and then when I went to wash my face for the night I found this note by my sink (and Brody's spider haha).  It was so sweet.  Tony sure made my day wonderful!
My parents showed up half way through the movie (they were driving back home after the weddings).  They were hoping to make it for the entire day but that just meant we spread the celebrations out one more day!

16 lovely comments:

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Happy birthday!! Sounds like it was a great one! Tony is such a sweetie. A cotton candy maker would be so much fun for parties.

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Sounds like you had a great birthday!! :)

Did you like Soul Surfer!!
I thought it was great!!!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

oh what a beautiful day!!
YAY for FUTURE FOOTBALL PLAYER!
Those cupcakes and subs look so good... I have never tried a Firehouse sub. Is there one in Mesa? haha

Sasha said... Reply To This Comment

What a fun day!! Firehouse will always be my favorite subs yummm. My dad does this every year on his birthday too. He goes to every place that gives you free stuff regardless if he has eaten already or not haha

shirley elizabeth said... Reply To This Comment

So, Krispy Kremes here don't give a free dozen anymore either. I went in to get some for Mike (I'm not a donut fan) and there were signs all over that said, "Choose Any One Donut FREE For Your Birthday." Lame.

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Aww, sounds like the perfect birthday, just like you deserve it.

I love cotton candy. Can I pleeeease come over for a cotton candy party =)

By the way, your shoes are extra pretty.

Heidi said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad you had a great birthday!

Tony is so sweet, and those cupcakes look delicious. Also, so do your shoes.

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

Holy awesome birthday!!! Glad your boys spoiled you!! I want a cotton candy maker now (and maybe cupcakes, doughnuts, red robin and a sub) :)

Chandra said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday Connie! Looks like you were spoiled. Yeah AZ krispy kreme's suck too. they don't give a free dozen anymore either. did tony serve in the south? my hubby served in alabama and was so excited when firehouse opened out here because he found them on his mish too.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

what an AWESOME birthday! you are so spoiled with love! :)

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

What a GOOOD day!! You looked gorgeous too :)
Ok, Firehouse? I need to see if we have one in Utah!
And red robin has changed their birthday meal?? Oh no!
And I am totally going to krispy kreme on my birthday....had no idea they gave out donuts!

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for blogging the rest of your day. Would've liked to be there, but made it just in time to watch the rest of soulsurfer. That was a great movie I had always wanted to see. I am glad I got to see it sitting next to you, Tony to my left, and Dad to my right! Love, Mother

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

Hope you had a wonderful day! It sure sounded mighty tasty :)

Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you had an awesome birthday! Love the gifts and the notes.

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

I'm pretty sure I already said Happy Birthday, but I'll go ahead and be totally repetitive and say it again.. Happy Birthday!

Those have to be the cutest cupcakes I've seen lately. Swoon!


xo, Ashley

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

What a wonderful birthday!! Cotton candy and cupcakes.. great boys! What could be better? :)