Wednesday, August 3, 2011

family in town

My mom is going on yet another road trip across the country.  Initially I was going to go with her but the thought of being without Tony for a few weeks, not having a car once I got to where ever it would be, and not to mention the few day drive with the boys... didn't really appeal to me.  Even though I declined the invite I still got to see her..and my future sister-in-law, Elyse, too!  Part of me wishes I went with her but I'll see everyone soon enough (;

So when they were in town we went to the city pool since my mom was craving a good swim.  Heck, I am too!  Swimming is a whole different thing when you have little kids.  Now my focus isn't whether my hair looks good (oh don't worry, it certainly does NOT in these pictures haha) but it's all about keeping one eye on Brody and the other on Hyrum.  All at once.  Luckily Elyse and my mom were there to help with that, though (:
This was Brody eyeing the water... next thing we knew, he just JUMPED IN!  This is NOT Brody's personality at ALL, he doesn't even like getting his face wet.  He was a little freaked out at first but felt proud of himself.  I think he'll be doing this more often now (goodie).  
Oh and Brody even later said, "I think the pool is not so bad!"
Like I said above, ignore my humidity hair.
 (*all the pics below are from my mom's camera) Outside the pool was this splash park.  It was a nice time!  Freakishly hot too so it felt so great.  Before swimming we went to lunch at a yummy BBQ place and other places.  And after my mom was in the mood for some cupcakes so we went.  Yep.  Really the place isn't "cupcakes"- you're really just buying frosting with a little cake underneath.  Their frosting is crazy huge piled on top!  But I usually eat it all since I'm a frosting fan.  As if our cupcakes were not enough we showed our guests later that night how delicious the ice cream is here at one of our favorite places, The Comfy Cow.  It might not have been the best day to go though because they had this huge party to show their appearance on Man Vs. Food on a big screen so the line was out the door and into the parking lot.  We stayed though- and made the best of the line and crowds.  I'm not the biggest crowds fan.  The next morning my family left to keep driving to Cali.  I cannot wait to join them!

14 lovely comments:

Kaitlyn said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love all of the pictures. Makes me want to go swimming! You are beautiful as well!!

New follower from
In our sea of love

Beatrice said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you had fun!!!!

I totallt LOVE reading your blog!

sewbea.blogspot.com

Amanda M. said... Reply To This Comment

I love your bathing suit! I'm looking for a cute 1 piece that's not built for my Granny! ;)

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

that is so cute he just jumped right in! these pictures are so sweet. i LOVE your swimsuit! i want one like it!

Amy said... Reply To This Comment

looks like you guys had tons of fun!! what an adorable little family you have. : )

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

what a fun time! Cutest boys. And now I want bbq, cupcakes, and ice cream lol :)

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

you look gorgeous no matter what. i need to go to that comfy cow place ASAP. where is that city pool and splash pad?

christine donee said... Reply To This Comment

the pool sure doesn't look so bad!

y'all are just so precious. it's almost sickening. Almost, but not quite.. it's just the right amount of preciousness.. and now I'm rambling..

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

I love your suit! I also love stalking up on your amazing blog photos! You're so dang talented, Miss Connie. I miss you to pieces, you have no idea.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

amazing photos. what a great way to spend time with family. I loooove frosting too (: Now I want a cupcake. Is Brody taking swimming lessons?

Darby Arby said... Reply To This Comment

where did you get your swim suit?! I love hot high up it comes! It looks like a lime ricki perhaps, but I can't tell.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

The top is from motherhood maternity I wore it last summer:http://justhavingaball.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-were-able-to-go-to-beach-for-4-days.html.
But it works for not being prego- and I love how long it is! The bottoms are from Downeast Basics! I love Lime Ricki though! Wearing one here: http://justhavingaball.blogspot.com/2011/07/shes-spot-on.html

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

That was sure a fun way to spend the day with Elyse, you , and my grandbaby boys! Love, Mother

Meg {henninglove} said... Reply To This Comment

you and your sons are just adorable together! very cute