Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gone Fishin'

Ever since I found the lake close to us and saw someone fishing there, I decided that's what we'd do.  Of course the day we decided to go (this past Saturday) it was hellishly hot.  Despite that though Brody was in heaven!!  He talked about it all week, asked every single day if we could go.  Now he's asking to go back.  We got him his very own Cars fishing pole.  He actually casted it pretty far by himself!  We didn't give him a hook, of course.  It came with a tire you can tie to the end and he didn't know the difference. 
There were a lot of little fish swimming around us but they just nibbled on the bait.  I wasn't expecting to catch anything necessarily- but one of these days I had better!  The only time I ever caught a fish (we'd go every summer growing up) was with a string with a hook on it I found on the ground.  I stuck my gum on it and dropped it in the water as a joke.  I caught a Carp!  It was my shining moment.
hyrum was so hot and sweaty so I gave him my cold water bottle and he was happy.  The water looks so ugly but it wasn't that bad.  It was gorgeous despite the heat!  See all the little fish?
ok it's really bright outside...
better.  Oh yeah my hat?  Brody calls it my Perry the Platypus hat.  (well, I kinda started saying it, he just caught on)
That's all I caught (pond scum).  heh heh
Enjoy a little video of our afternoon.  It was a great start to a wonderful long weekend with my boys..

17 lovely comments:

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Oh fishing is just the best!! Looks like your little family had an amazing time.

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

I cannot get over how big Brody is... the last time I think I saw him was when he was still crawling! ha

love your outfit!

Beatrice said... Reply To This Comment

Fishing is always great!

Glad you had a great time :)

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

I loooove fishing. Well i don't dish, but my sons do ha ha I just like to sit under a shade and read a book or two and eat cherries.
Those are some pretty neat photos connie. Looks like you 4 had a lot of fun.

Randi Gardner said... Reply To This Comment

i love your little videos you do. What cute pictures too! You sure are a doll!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Love the video.
Looks and sounds like an awesome time.
xo.

Alexis Kaye said... Reply To This Comment

awh! I just discovered your blog and you are lovely! Your boys are adorable! Fishing sounds like such a fun 4th activity. I've never been, but it's on my bucket list to catch something before my life is up :)

thinkpriddy said... Reply To This Comment

that video is darling! how on earth did you get it to look like that?

a day at the lake is a day enjoyed :)

thinkpriddy said... Reply To This Comment

also, do you use your camera to shoot your videos?

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

sometimes but this one was with an app on my iphone (:

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

Adorable! This makes me miss Kentucky so bad. We always go fishing when we go home because of our pond. Looks like it made his day :)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Fun! And could you look cuter in that hat?

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

What fun little memories you are creating for Brody- so sweet! And you look ADORABLE!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

You're way too cute. And way too talented. I can't edit videos to save my life. Ugh. You do everything!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

*aw so many sweet comments. Thanks everyone! Natalie, I feel the same about YOU! I wish I could snowboard like you do (;

Mariel Torres said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like you all had a marvelous time. beautiful pictures doll! :)

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

where did you guys go? we want to take brady so bad, but haven't found anywhere good!