Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial day was so much fun!  Tony had the day off- his first weekday off since we've been here!  It was so nice.  My parents left that morning after our fun weekend.  After they took off we headed to Waffle House for brunch.  I've basically been dreaming about the chocolate chip waffles ever since... I don't think I've eaten there in a good 10 years or so.  Ha!  Speaking in decades makes me feel super old.. anyway.

Tony was the mastermind behind our wonderful day.  He went out and bought the squirt guns and water balloons and we all had the best family-water-fight ever.  We were having so much fun it was borderline cheesy and something you only see in movies, the way we were playing out there.  That's us!  (;  I only took enough pictures for Tony to threaten soaking me if I didn't get rid of it. haha.  It was sooo hot that day so it was perfect.  Then we went to The Comfy Cow for ice cream to cool off even more.  Connie + Heat + Humidity = No Bueno.  Connie + Her boys + ice cream & family bonding = Happy times.
Happy times, indeed.
Not a fan of mixing my canon images with crap cell phone pics but I can't resist this one.. plus I already did with the waffle house ones..
el fin.

13 lovely comments:

miss vintage vixen. said... Reply To This Comment

Hyrum is probably the most adorable baby in the entire universe. Ever. Probably. Maybe. Seriously.

Kari said... Reply To This Comment

i am so jealous of your cute family. i hope i am that lucky one day.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Mmm Brody makes ice cream look soooo good right about now.
I love water fights... I try to instigate them at every family get together haha
Looove ur post Connie (:

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Ive been the biggest slacker when it comes to blogging recently. You guys look like you are having a great time!!! I LOVE water fights. So fun. Miss you!

thinkpriddy said... Reply To This Comment

I've always wanted to try the waffle house. glad you had such a fun weekend :)

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

water fights = the best! That ice cream place is so freaking adorb I can't even stand it! I love unique places like that vs. a trendy fanchise. I also have refused to go to Waffle house after I heard the one in Mesa has cockroaches LOL!! I think you might possibly have the cutest kids evvveerr!

Randi Gardner said... Reply To This Comment

I;m one of those ladies that pinned your stuff! Love the blog, I read it often and I really should comment more. Your weekend looks lovely!

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

SO FUN! Love water fights!

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

I don't think anything is better than the combination of water balloons and ice cream!

Stevie Leigh said... Reply To This Comment

So cute! Your kids are beautiful!

Just stumbled upon your blog and love it!

- S from Following the Walkers

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

Water fights with balloons AND squirt guns along with ice cream? Sounds like a perfect time!

<3

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

PERFECT day!! I am just a little bit jealous! :)
Comfy Cow? That is the weirdest name for an ice cream shop...hahaha! But I'd still go there! YUM!

Brittney said... Reply To This Comment

What Fun Pics!!! :D