Wednesday, May 11, 2011

my mother's day

*sorry to those whose sweet comments were taken from me.  Oh, blogger.
We woke up to super thick fog which reminded me of growing up in California.  Which then made me miss California, and my family there.. and the beach.  But anyways.  There were chocolate chip pancakes, my flowers from the day before bloomed, a morning of gift giving, hanging out with my parents, and church.  My parents went back to Virginia when we left for church because they had to get back for work on Monday & it's a 10 hour drive.  I was so happy they came, even if it was a super short trip.  How do you like the blooming gif!  Bahaha! I don't know why it makes me laugh..
IMG_1068
It is super green here, nothing I haven't seen before but it's definitely different than Arizona.  I love Arizona though.  Anyway.  Don't judge.. I took these pictures of Hyrum during sunday school.  I had my phone out because I have the lesson manual on it and I thought it was funny Hy kept trying to eat my phone.  So I took a few pictures of him doing it.  He got sad when I took it away.  aww. lol
my mom looks great in that shirt we got her!
Tony is the best husband!  He...
-got me presents (well duh)
-changed all the diapers & did potty stuff
-took H during church
-made dinner
-did the dishes
-refused to let me lift a finger
-kept saying "it's mother's day so whatever you want..." so I got whatever I wanted
-didn't complain when I wanted to watch chick tv
-bought stuff to make me breakfast but my mom beat him to it (not sure what my mom was doing making breakfast for me on mother's day, but I'll take it;)
-basically treated me like I was a queen
He's a sweet husband 24-7 though so when mother's day comes around there's not a whole lot he has to do differently.  I'm so grateful for all he (& my parents) did and that the first thing Brody told me when I woke up was "Happy Mother's Day!!"

10 lovely comments:

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

That is sweet of Tony. I think Mother's Day isn't much different for me either b/c Devin is always so great and helful anyway!

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

That pic of the fog is cool. And I love the Hyrum eating phone pics. I have some of those too! The make me smile. Also, I love your skirt!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful family! Happy Mom's day :)

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

happy mother's day to you! :) glad you were treated like a queen. i bet that was FUN!

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

That is a really great family picture!

Jessica Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

Yay mother's day. Someday I'll join in on the fun. In other news I stood in front of that skirt you are wearing for literally 15 minutes deciding if I should buy it. I said yes, my budget said no. You are rocking it!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Aww so sweet! You guys are adorable!!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I would have to say that this was the best mother's day ever since you 4 grew up and moved away! I enjoyed spending it with my Connie girl! 0' and let this be a lesson for us all; never try to skip church to make good time on the road. We got lost for over an hour, so it would have been the same as just leaving after church...Heaven smiles on the Sabbath Keeper! Love, Mother

Allison Marcia said... Reply To This Comment

Aw, Happy (Belated) Mothers Day!

You really have a sweet man and a wonderful mom. :) That's so nice of them when you do so much work as a mom all year long. Love your skirt by the way!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

A fun trip for mom and I; tiring, but fun. I love my girls!