Saturday, May 7, 2011

my mother

When I turned 10 years old I got my first pet for my birthday.  He was yellow with orange spots, an albino pacman frog.  I named him Herbie.  I built him a little pond in the backyard that he loved to swim across.  It was cute to watch, he would plug his nose and just kick his bag legs.  I loved him!
I remember waking up one morning and he had died.  I was heart broken!  One day months later I was cleaning up under my bed and I ran into his old tank that he lived in.
I remember just bawling and feeling so bad- like I should've done more and that him dying was my fault.
Right then my mom had me in her arms and assured me everything was OK.  She held me till I felt better.  I remember crying in her arms very vividly.
My mom has always, always, always been there when I need her.  Crappy boyfriends, self-image issues, small trials, big trials- she is there.  Memories like these are a dime a dozen.  I'm a pretty lucky girl.  And guess what?  She's driving - as we speak- to be with ME on mother's day!  I love you, mom!  Happy Mother's day!
And a happy Mother's day to all women.  
*pictures from when my mom drove me back home after my recent D.C. trip.

9 lovely comments:

al said... Reply To This Comment

You look just like her!
I hope that ya'll have a lovely Mother's Day together.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said... Reply To This Comment

Great photos!!! Too cute!

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

You are both gorgeous- Happy mothers day to you both!

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

Your mom is beautiful and you're so lucky she's coming to see you for Mother's Day! I'm definitely missing my mommy this year, but perhaps an adventure to visit her is in order! Mommies are the best! I can relate completely to the feeling of comfort while being held by my mom. I've spent a lot of time crying and being comforted by my mama... it sounds like your mom has the same warmth that magically makes things easier!

Happy Almost Mother's Day!!!

<3 MrsBiscuit

Sera Pie said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful photos and such a sweet sentiment! Happy Mother's Day to your mom. :)

christine donee said... Reply To This Comment

y'all are both gorgeous! Those photos are great and that last one is a total framer.

Aaron and Jeanette Radmall said... Reply To This Comment

I love your mom. She is a sweetheart. You are both so sweet and beautiful. Happy Mothers Day!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I loved spending Mother's Day week-end with you Connie! I love the beauty make-over (the yellow shirt), and I love you! Love, Mother

amy said... Reply To This Comment

So sweet! I love the photos!! :)

Happy Mother's Day (belated)