Monday, May 16, 2011

Lemons to lemonade

Whoa nelly.  I guess I didn't realize how "heavy" my last post sounded till I lightened myself up with some tunes.  Music always has that affect on me.  Love it.  (I still believe what I wrote though)  Anyways.  Yes, I would be lying if I told you my monday has been "easy peasy" - as Brody likes to say.  It hasn't.  But rather than mope I busted through it waiting for the "sun to come out tomorrow", so to speak.
I did call Tony crying (what's with me being so honest lately?)- and he told me I should go get a cupcake with my gift card to make my day better.  That was when I rear-ended a heavy set smoking dude who wasn't happy.  OF course. (umm.. why do my not so great days always include me rear-ending someone?) ha.
_MG_1600blog
I ran away from home to get some photo-venture therapy.  It's just not as good alone.  But I'll get the hang of it, I'm sure.  I may or may not have come across snake skin, a violin spider-esque creature, stinging nettle, and wet dirty conditions which was the reason for my fashion NO.  (rain boots with skirt ensemble.. never know what I was walking into in there, hence, the boots.)
It was pretty funny at one point in the day I had this unusual burst of energy (a kind of, I'm-GETTING-OUT-of-this-rut-epiphany) where I started dancing/running about to head downstairs.  But RIGHT as I did that my knee met my cedar chest and BAM.  Fat bruise, near tears. Haha.  It hurt.  It was one of those days where I feel like heaven is just getting a kick out of my "misfortunes".  I must be crackin everyone up.  My life is a comedy-drama to them. (;
_MG_1528
The end result was just what it always is- I took my own advice and I made lemonade out of that otherwise sour day.  It tastes oh- so- good being happy.
Because as I've always found, things always look up if you let them.

18 lovely comments:

Kari said... Reply To This Comment

Freak. I am super impressed with your patience. Way to be. I will stop complaining about my day where, in comparison, nothing went wrong.

mrs. autumn said... Reply To This Comment

Kentucky is so beautiful- I miss it. Hope things get better.

Laura said... Reply To This Comment

Where are you??? Those pictures are gorgeous! I hope today is a better day...

Rebecca said... Reply To This Comment

You have to laugh at days like that, because there is nothing else left to do, and if you don't laugh, you'll cry and laughter makes you happier.

Ali Brown said... Reply To This Comment

I've been thinkin' bout you lots...I love your honesty. I feel like I am also going through a "growing season" in my life. I will be prayin' that we both will let James 1:2-4 work in our lives...and your lemonade will be deliciously sweet! Love ya girl!!! XoXo

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

So true! Love this and the pics.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Your photos are beauitful. I'm scared of snakes, so I applaud you for not running for the hills when you seen the snake skin *shudders* and I'm glad you're feeling better even if your day went a little down hill... if it makes you feel any better... one day I uh was jumping over huge boulders because I wanted to feel like a 6 year old and completely missed a step and slammed into hard rough edges,.. I got a scrap the length of my finger on my knee and then like 20 minutes later I caught my then bf cheating on me :-/ but the next day was better... (:

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful pics, beautiful lady!! Mountain daisies make me happy! Way to make a bad day better, it's so hard to do that sometimes!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

Your so beautiful

~M~ said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful scenery!!

Heidi said... Reply To This Comment

I'm not going to lie. that sounds like the worst day ever. but you are beautiful and I love your outlook. :)

Emily said... Reply To This Comment

a cupcake! that's brilliant!

Emily
texasnj.dayeightmedia.com

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

Ouch! That bruise sounds so mean! I probably would have bit my lip to avoid crying and feeling foolish, but goodness knows a younger me would have sobbed! OUCH OUCH OUCH!

I do have to say I think it was worth it, these pictures are great, and I do LOVE your boots... You've got to be aware, who knows what creepy crawly creatures live in the grass!!!


<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

BEAUTIFUL pictures!! That's the prettiest spot! I'm just going to say this... THAT needs to be the "meadow" in the the Twilight movies. Not that stupid non-meadow space they use. Hahaha!
And you are gorgeous, as always. Where did you get that skirt?! I've been looking for a white skirt that comes to my knees but just haven't found one I love :(

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

You are one amazing woman. :)

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I had a horrible week last week that ended with me crying in the car:( Even though I took it out on Hon, I saw my error and he took me out for dinner. Oh btw, it started with me running into a pole and hurting my bumper:( I understand. These times happen. I'm glad days are only 24 hours and then we can start over again.

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, you never cease to amaze me. You are so talented. Nice pictures kid! Your daddy loves you!

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

where did you take those pics? I love that location! its gorgeous! emlow07@gmail.com