Monday, May 9, 2011

i can't answer the door because... because I'm not wearing pants

Saturday morning went like this: wake up. Help Brody go pee. Get Brody breakfast. grab banana. eat. Nurse H. Shower. Get dressed. Laundry, laundry, laundry. Put H down for a nap. Get presentable. send off a couple emails.
Some time in there I guess I got busy because I hadn't put on pants.  Oh don't worry, I had everything else covered (dressed), hair did, makeup..check.
After that, around 11:00am I get a door bell ring and a knock at the door.  I was downstairs with no way to get pants.  CRAP!  Okay so this has actually happened before.  I know.  You think I'd learn my lesson, right?  I can't just go upstairs quick and get some because we have these two big windows right by our front door that anyone can just see in (or at least anyone just standing there, looking in- can.)
To my dismay, Brody walked right up to the windows and blew our cover.  I thought I'd just wait it out but minutes later, *DING DONG.  Ah!  The guy started talking to Brody through the window!  Okaaaay.  Well, then I tried to bribe Brody to get him to go up and grab me pants out of my dresser.  I made him hot chocolate before all this and said he couldn't have marshmallow creme with it so I said, "Brody!  If you go get me pants I'll give you marshmallow creme!"  You know how it is.  So he goes by the door, and the guy starts talking to him through the window again.  (i know).  Then Brody shouts at him:
 "I'LL BE RIGHT BACK, I HAVE TO GET MOMMY PANTS!"
Nice.
Gee thanks Brody!
So it ended up, the guy called my cell and I told him "I can't really answer the door right now" and he left my mother's day flowers on the door step (thanks Tony;).  Then 20 seconds later Brody comes down the stairs with my target skinny jeans.   Good times.  Note to self: put on pants.
a few more things from the day (saturday):
-My parents came to visit for the weekend!
-we watched the Kentucky Derby... all three minutes of the "big race"
-i nominated that girl craziest hat at the derby.  Don't get too close, you'll lose an eye.
-my mom knows me all too well and brought me tons of candy
-a grueling game of Horse
-enjoyed nice weather & played outside
-early gift giving
-brody's "coco stache"
-we tried a new bbq joint and I think it trumps the last one.
That is all.  Well besides more pictures (obviously)...
Brody took this picture! (above) and the one of us below.  I'm so proud! *tear (;
One of these days I WILL go to Derby.  I'm dying for an excuse to wear a derby hat - loving the teal one.

14 lovely comments:

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

oh.my.gosh. That is hilarious!! Even more hilarious Brody would say "be right back, I have to get mommy some pants" what kids won't say haha. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha that is so cool. I love the hats too.
haha Brody is hilarious. Love what he says. One time we were at a red light with the windows rolled down and Dj turns toward the car next to us and tells them "My mom likes boys" hahaha I was so glad when the light turned green.

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

Holy moly, I really needed that story today- SO FUNNY! I bet that guy got such a kick out of it- cute pics!

Heidi said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha That's so funny! And wow-Kentucky is SO. GREEN!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

So funny... Brody stories are the best - always make me laugh. =)

Sounds like an awesome weekend.

christine donee said... Reply To This Comment

best. story. ever.

and those pictures are perfect.

Allison Marcia said... Reply To This Comment

Hahaha, Very cute! I'd be mortified! This sort of happened to me today but it wasn't nearly as bad. I was (like you) without pants, reading on my bed and the doorbell rang. My fiance didn't hear it over his loud videogames and I had to yell through the wall for him to go get it! I wasn't answering the door without pants! At least I had someone home to go get the doo rin my stead. :)

I can't believe he told the delivery man though! Hah.

Love all the pictures, it sounds like a great weekend!

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

This made me laugh. A lot.

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

HAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh! This is hilarious! I don't know what I'm gonna do when I have kids to blow my cover.... I guess I'll be sure to be fully dressed! Haha this is the best!
And you are one gorgeous mamma! Happy Mother's day (again ha!)

Christine said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha! oh my goodness, so funny!

tHe ApPeLs said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha!! ps what a dreamy neighborhood you live in!!

Fash Boulevard said... Reply To This Comment

hey connie. beautiful pictures. so happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I moved to cali last year after graduating back in the south and I can't get enough of your blog. Would love if you could stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Ha hA! I can't explain the awesomeness of this post. :)

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I loved the barbecue place. Too bad we were so pressed for time that we did not do much else. I loved your new place; large does not do it justice.