Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Houston, we have a problem.

More like, Houston, we are a baldin'!
Holy mother of all that is holy.
My hair is falling out in massive amounts.  I don't suppose it's noticeable to anyone else but yeah.
Oh, let me back up in case you didn't know.  This is a common thing post-pregnancy.  Unless you are a lucky s.o.b.- b for b...eautiful.  For me, it always hits right at 4 months and goes till... i don't remember.  Alls I know is I'm still losing it and he'll be 6 months in a couple weeks.  (although I think it's started to let up...maybe?)

At any rate combine that with all this rain- occasional humidity- and general climate change and my hair is scraggly mcgee.  Flat and drab.  I miss my lucious pregnant hair!  And dry heat.

So help me... I'm looking for some new products.  Do you love your shampoo and conditioner?! Well then what do you use?!  I need something new.  
You should know- my hair is also curly.  Any tips/tricks/suggestions are welcome.  I know a lot of things but I am oblivious when it comes to hair- I stink at it.
Thank you thank you!


ps. today and tomorrow (till 5pm) are the LAST days of this then it's alllll over!  do me a 1.2 second solid?  IT'S SO STINKIN CLOSE!  I can use all the help I can get, who even knew I'd make it this far.
That's thanks to you.  Really, thank you!

20 lovely comments:

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

I'm totally loosing my hair in massive amounts too! Yeah, the nice thick pregnant hair lasted 3 months after his birth for me, and now, I'm loosing it all!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

While I have no tips on the hair post, sorry (Nevada=hot & dry).. I did just read your not pregnant post.

I went through the same thing last week. I thought I was pregnant.. I thought I was ready too. But alas the stick said "NOT".

I like your idea for the new phrase "I'm sorry.. etc."

That dumb stick it so blunt.

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

I don't have any tips but I'd like to know because my post-pregnancy hair falling out lasted FOREVER! IT was so annoying, but it stopped thank goodness even though my daughter is almost two and it still falls out a little!

Shelby Lou said... Reply To This Comment

I use dove intensive care. It is the best, and my hair is less frizzy, and more soft. It also has sort of helped my dandruff, which is a gift from God. I hate dandruff.

Benj and Jackie said... Reply To This Comment

Connie! I have very curly and frizzy hair as well and use pantene pro-v frizzy to smooth for medium-thick hair and it has worked wonders on my hair, especially in the humidty, and has kept the split ends away for longer :) good luck!

Alaythea said... Reply To This Comment

I recommend Aquage products! Absolutely amazing for straight or curly hair!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

I do love some thick pregnant hair, and my total and complete lack of acne! I found that my hair loss wasn't as noticeable after my second baby, but it's because my hair was way shorter, so the pieces weren't as long and crazy. I couldn't wear a black shirt for a long time though, cause my hair would cover it!

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

I'm past the losing part, (my baby is 10 months), but now I have these lovely 2 inch flyaway's that stand straight up! Something to look forward to? :)
I just switched to Aussie products and really like them. I also started using coconut oil once a week in my hair. It makes it feel amazing and healthy.

Jules said... Reply To This Comment

Hi!!! I just found your blog and I love it.
I just read this post and though OMG hilarious.. because I just typed up my blog post for tomorrow and it is on this very same thing!
If you get any good suggestions, please share.
:)

Jules
www.chocolateandbabies.com

I'm not Emily Brown said... Reply To This Comment

same here! still falling out 7 months post pregnancy - losing it by the shed load. Dry and pouffy and now i also have to contend with the ridiculous tufty bits where it is re growing. I recommend a product called Morroccan Oil which sorted me out a treat, lookin less like Beetle Juice!

Ailinh said... Reply To This Comment

My hair is driving me crazy after baby #2. I lost a lot, too, after he was born but then I am growing in some BABY hair of my own! It's so annoying and I can never pull my hair back cuz it's just stuck to the side of my head. Sigh* Oh wells. Anywho, I just use the regular ol' Aussie brands. Sometimes Suave if I'm feeling cheap, but hey it still works the same. :)

Rebecca said... Reply To This Comment

Matrix Biolage has saved my hair's life.

Allison Marcia said... Reply To This Comment

Along with others, I don't have any spectacular tips. :( I noticed that when I got my hair cut short I had much less of a problem with it but when I had it long my brush would be COVERED with my hair in one morning. I was terrified! I don't know if the length matters (or maybe because it's to short to go up in a ponytail/I let it air dry more.....).

Good luck with it!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

um hi I haven't even had kids yet and my hair falls out like a mother (no pun intended LOL). Luckily I have super thick hair so I guess I have some to spare, but now I fear for post pregnancy hair loss..yikes! I would recommend RUSK Keratin smooth shampoo and conditioner. I put a shout out on my blog about it prob last month..check it out. It's freaking amazing, will definitely help make it smooth and conditioned and not frizzy. I swear by this stuff now. It changed my life. Definitely find it! I got it at a hair beauty supply place but I recently saw it at TJ Maxx (random) but if you can't find it order it online. I'm not kidding, you won't be disappointed!

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said... Reply To This Comment

How about Biolage?

Boutique on Feet said... Reply To This Comment

Hi there! Well, I'm a mommy of 3 boys, too! So nice to have discovered your blog!

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

I found thicker hair conditioner usually worked the best.

When I am at home I always make sure I have professional hair straighteners so my hair isn't fried and I use a lot more hair products like biosilk (it's a thick product).

Randi Gardner said... Reply To This Comment

I wish I knew a product that helps this too. I hated that! M little one is 6 months and I think it has stopped now... but wow! It was annoying!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

I just got new stuff and I love it. I d k what it's called though - I'll text ya when I'm home and can check :)

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

PS I can't WAIT for my hair to fall out..I have enough for 9 people.