Sunday, May 1, 2011

easter

 This was Hyrum's first Easter!  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of him with his basket and he slept in during the morning "festivities".  Infact, I didn't even introduce him to his basket.  Whops.  (sorry baby H).  Brody sure loved it though- he was most excited for the egg hunt.  We did teach him the meaning for everything though and he was so good at telling us Easter is for "Jesus Christ's resurrection"
In addition to it being Hyrum's first,
This Easter was pretty monumental for me.
Not only did my brother (and Irish twin)
get ENGAGED (congrats MIKE!)
but it was our first holiday on our own.
When we were still in Arizona, surrounded by family, thinking about that always made me sad.  It was so fun to make dinner assignments, and spend a good 6 hours at Tony's parents just enjoying the company.
But I knew none of that would apply to me this year.
I'm sure a lot of people spend holidays without extended family, but I haven't.  I guess I'm spoiled that way.
(and I'm bad at putting family pictures in our frames, apparently)
(my "deer in headlights" face, i guess..)
But you know, it was a beautiful day (rain and all) and it was still so special...
if not more.
I made (heated) a ham, we had our special dinner, went to church, and just focused on
the meaning of the day and on each other.

The only crappy part was failing to do anything great for Tony when he bought me the entire target candy aisle.
easter favorites: cadburry eggs (regular ones..and not mini) & sweetart jelly beans!  Zeee best.  And I guess my obsession (sour patch kids) came out with jelly beans too!  brilliant.
That bag of sweetart jelly beans didn't see me coming.
It was a great easter.
*and that is good times eating said jelly beans playing words with friends.
 
thanks again, lovlies (:

12 lovely comments:

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

great shots!

I love your boots!

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

You have the most perfect little boys!
Love your boots too!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Those pictures of the two boys together are so adorable!

Lyndsay said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, Mr. Hyrum is getting so big!

At least you get your pictures frames on the wall! Mine I fill with pictures and then stress about hanging them. I'll do a few and then I have to think forever about how I exactly I want the next round to go.

I know Im nuts! Glad you guys are getting all settled in!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

What cuties! You guys make such a sweet family! And yes, the sour patch kids jelly beans are so amazing!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

Mmm words with friends. I need to play you back..sorry. I got irritated with my letters so I exited out, and forgot to resume :)

Awesome pictures. As always. Duh. <3

Brea said... Reply To This Comment

Connie you're too cute! One of these days when we move back home and you please do our family photo's????? PLEASE!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

What a wonderful Easter. I almost spent our Easter just us 5 this year, but we made last minute plans to attend our family get together. Happy 1st Easter to Hyrum (:

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

NO WAY they have sour patch jelly beans?!?! Why did I not know about this. Must get to Target asap and scope out the clearance candy. I LOVE sour patch kids too ;) Looks like you had a great little easter with your cute family. PS Love your rain boots!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

that is a crap load of candy! seriously-with this & all the cupcake trips. how are you so tiny?!! do you just take one bite? ha! hating you and your 'my babys 5 months pregnancy bod'! :)

oh & i got that cadbury egg with the mini eggs in it that tony posted on fb- & there were only like 4 eggs in it!! it's like they were just being mean.

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

I love brody and hyrum!

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

Once again, you are the most gorgeous mamma out there!
I can't wait to celebrate holidays with kids! So cute!
And sweetart jelly beans are my FAVORITE! We may have bought 5 bags this year (to make up for not getting them last year of course) And sour patch jelly beans?! I did NOT see those..dang it! (Actually it's probably a good thing. 5 bags of sweetart jelly beans is enough.....)
You play words with friends?! Add me! cortbrink But ONLY if you want! :)