Monday, May 16, 2011

deep

{picture via google}

Do people not realize life is so short?  Do they not care?!  It just boggles my mind when I see people being so ruthless and mean to each other.  First of all, I don't see how anyone has the time to sit around disliking people when there is so much life to live.  Secondly, is there really "so much life to live"???  Nothing, not even including our amount of time here, is guaranteed.  Do you think half the people in this world plan on leaving it when they do?  The people who inspire me the most are people who have a vague idea of their life span... you don't generally see those who are told they have 6 months to live sit around complaining about stuff.  So if that is true... if we don't know how much time we even have on this earth, why are people still going around being mean to others?  Why are they belittling themselves?  Why are people judging others instead of trying to make a difference?  Why aren't people more concerned with their standing in God's eyes!!?  Sure, not everyone believes in Him I know but that's besides the point.

Sometimes this very thing applies to me, as much as I know it's a waste of time.  I sit around and mope too.  I feel down and blame other's for it.  But the truth of the matter is, no one can change a person, no one can make me happy but me, and as long as I am doing my best to be good to others that's all that matters.  Not everyone is going to like me, no, not even those who call me a facebook "friend".  Some people don't even have to have a legitimate reason to dislike you, they just do!  (As immature as that is).  Sometimes you work super hard and do a lot for people and it goes unnoticed, or you don't get the deserved thank you.  Some people don't care to "make things right".. to forgive and forget.  WELL... this year I have chosen to improve my sad feelings about stuff like that.  I'm going to be better at forgiving and forgetting.  My personal goals this year were work on all this and my self-esteem.  I for one, don't want to waste my time on this earth having pity parties...I'd rather be happy and have real ones.

.. and cupcakes (;
(that's about as deep as it get's over here)

12 lovely comments:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

love this! preach it sister.

Cynthia said... Reply To This Comment

I'm new to your blog but I just wanted to say that this was a very to the point sweet post. It's so true... why do people spend precious time on complaining and hating others. I really truly don't understand it! Thanks for writing this!

Christine said... Reply To This Comment

<3

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

Ugh, if only...the world would be such a better place if everything you said would go away. Except the cupcakes, of course...

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Great post, and great reminder! Let's all look to the positive and encourage each other :)

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

Great post, and great reminder! Let's all look to the positive and encourage each other :)

love_b said... Reply To This Comment

I know how you feel, all we can do is better ourselves and "try" to not let the words of others hurt us. And honestly, the best way to handle certain people like that is to kill them with kindness, and hope that someday they will be able to soften their hearts ♥

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with all you said. I use to not like a group of people, because they treated me like crap and talked about me and wrote about me constantly and after a few months I felt a change in myself. I realized that I was tired of hating them, I felt like I was taking up 10% of my time with this anger towards them that I realized... wow I could so focus on other stuff than worry about what they said or thought about me. Then I felt foolish that they made me like this... so now I don't worry about them, I stopped thinking about them and even now I'm sure they still talk about me and write about me on FB but its sadder that they spend that much energy on me. So even now, I feel 100% better and my life has been much more calm (:

Leenie said... Reply To This Comment

I'm with ya sista!

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

I agree with you!!
I have been working on spending less time and energy into pity party's for myself and working being kinder, nicer, and serving everyone around me. It's easier said than done but SO worth it!
I wish people weren't mean though. This world would be such a happier place! We wouldn't think twice about giving a stranger a smile. There would be alot less crying (at least in my home haha) and more DOING! (Does that make sense?!)

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

I couldn't agree more!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

NEW BEST CUPCAKE PLACE: Cornado Cupcakery. HOLY CRAP IT WAS AMAZING!! My mouth is still lusting over it..