Monday, May 2, 2011

Another backyard party

...this time for my mother-in-law and her twin sister's birthday!  Of course this was before we left Arizona.  This makes me miss home a lot.  I was asked to head up the decorations for the party so my sister-in-law supplied me with a bunch of photos from their childhood and young adulthood.  That was the best part of doing the decorations!  Looking at all the pictures!  Pictures from MY childhood (in all their old days quality) make me giddy so you can imagine how pics slightly older than that make me feel.  I hope my inlaws don't mind me sharing these two but I just love these!  We're all a bunch of wannabes with our instagram but these kids invented the awesomeness.
Doesn't get any more real, right there. 
I love those two- truly wonderful people I'm lucky to have them as my inlaws!  I hope you enjoyed your party, mom!
So back to the party... I came up with the novel idea to get a party tent.  This was before I looked at the cost.  Yikes!  But in the end that's what we did and it was actually the BEST thing.  It was an extremely warm march day and the sun would've been beating down on us all with a vengeance.  So it turned out to be perfect (we actually had to add sheets to the back because the sun was so killer).  Anyway enjoy these pictures of the evening..
 me and my sister-in-laws sang "sisters" (a tradition I married into, I just barely learned the words!)  A performance complete with choreography.  Keep a look out for us on America's Got Talent.
It was fun!
I miss them... :(

11 lovely comments:

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

You are such an amazing decorator. I love your parties (: Looks like everyone had fun and happy belated birthday to your mother in law and her sister (:

miss vintage vixen. said... Reply To This Comment

Let it be known across the land that you're definitely the queen of backyard parties. ♥ They're so perfect, goodness.

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

The decorations are gorgeous! The red is so vibrant and happy! It looks like you guys had a great time, don't fret I'm sure you'll visit Arizona, right? =)

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

wow! how lovely!

Lynn {hearted girl} said... Reply To This Comment

holy heck, what fun is right! love the colors and smiles, it's a party out of dreams. wonderful job on the decorations Connie, you nailed it.

the description of when you sang the song reminds me of those great Cosby shows when all the kids would lip sync for their folks, makes me swoon and even better is you girls really did sing! huzzah! ♥

Amy said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful!! It looks amazing. And it looks like everyone had a blast. Cute decor, and great pictures. I love the glass bottles you put the flowers in! :)

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Aw, I just found your blog and I love your photos. You did an excellent job decorating I must say! I love the photos at every stand and the little bubble lights throughout the tent.

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

what a fantastic little party! so fun!

Jennifer said... Reply To This Comment

what a fantastic little party! so fun!

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said... Reply To This Comment

How adorable and I am loving the straws...I want some for my wedding! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments!

Wanted to let you know that my sister left the following comment in response to your question on my blog in case you don't see it...

"@Connie they are called ranunculus, a truly beautiful flower (but I am partial because they were in my wedding bouquet) =)"

They are ranunculus and they are so pretty, but quite delicate too!

Liesl :)

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said... Reply To This Comment

Wow what a gorgeous party!