Friday, April 15, 2011

Tonight's thoughts...

I feel overwhelmingly grateful for my life right now.  First off, can Kentucky be more friendly!?  No, no..I do not believe so.  We've already been over to some new friends house for dinner, had girls nights, playdates, and people just pop in to say hi randomly since we've been here.  I love it here!!  Of course, I don't think it has set in yet that we really are moved out of AZ and most likely not going back.  I will miss that part of my life- especially my family there.  I'm really trying to NOT think about "all that I've left behind" or  what I'm "missing out on" though.  Otherwise I'll miss out on things around me.
So I'm enjoying what is around me.  I think my great-grandmother Mutti (Her name is really Anna but we called her the german word for "mom") said it best with:

"the grass always looks greener on the other side.... but it still has to be mowed!"

Sure I have no family around and soon the humidity will make me look like an electrocuted poodle but look at all the good around me.  Rather than look at other situations and wish that was what I had, I have found the beauty being here.  I'm stinkin proud of myself - I wasn't sure what to expect with this move but I have enjoyed every minute and can't wait for all that is ahead.
ps. if you have a second (literally a second) please vote for my sister-in-law Lecia on facebook!

13 lovely comments:

Ailinh said... Reply To This Comment

I love your attitude. And we miss Kentucky! I am still in love with that state.

e.day said... Reply To This Comment

electrocuted poodle. i love it. my family all lives in cincinnati now, which is right across the river. i loooved visiting kentucky. you're right, the people are nice.

Piril Maria said... Reply To This Comment

You're photo is amazing.



♥ Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

Laura said... Reply To This Comment

You are seriously SO positive. I'm glad you're liking it here. :)

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for adding Mutti's phrase and attitude for living. She lives on through that! Love, Mother

joe and kailee said... Reply To This Comment

We are so glad you are here too!! It's been fun playing this week...and many more to come!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Aw I'm glad to hear you're doing well with your move. I love your great-grandmother's quote. It is so true.

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

It is wonderful that you've made friends so quickly since your move. I am getting ready to do a similar journey (from Chandler, AZ to Greenville, SC) and you made me have hope that things will be lovely right from the start.

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so glad you are liking it there! Yay!! Though we miss you here... :)

Lecia said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for the shout out, Connie! I am sending out Easter dinner assignments and it made me think of you guys. Miss you, but so glad you're still 'having a ball'!!!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

Hey you are doing a great job of looking on the bright side of things!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

thank you all! *muah!

Heather said... Reply To This Comment

Connie...glad you are liking it in KY. Everyone is so so so friendly here, I think that's one of the things that made it easy for us. Instantly we were welcomed, glad you're feeling the same way! I keep thinking I'm going to randomly run into you when I'm out and about or you're going to pop up in my ward, lol!

Keep up the positive attitude.

ps- I laughed at your electrocuted poddle comment...that was me last summer...not looking forward to it again!