Friday, April 22, 2011

There's a reason why certain people meet

Five years ago was a day I WILL NEVER and CAN NEVER forget.  It was the day I met my husband, my best friend, my eternal companion.
(all pictures are what we took on the day we met:)
Our story starts out a little different than most.  My sister met another band member at EFY several years prior, and they became good friends.  She left for the army years later and took their CD with her.  Being the fan of their music that I was, I emailed who I thought was the cutest one in the band.  (Tony;)  That was in 2003..

So how did that get us to Salt Lake City, Utah on April 22, 2006??  One day at BYU, I was going through old emails... I found the ones from HIM!  So I looked him up on myspace (haha) to see if he was still cute.  Oh, he was.  More like HOT!  So I emailed him asking him why he never sent me that CD (I go for what I want, basically;)  He emailed back and said he was on a mission- here's his address- and that I should write him for the last few months he had on the mish.  So we did!  We have all those letters still, and the pictures we sent along with them.  So precious to me.
Well, he gets home from his mission and first thing he does?!  Calls me!  Ok, so it was like a few days later, actually. (;  We could talk on the phone for hours, it was so perfect.  At this time I had moved up to BYU-Idaho for winter semester.  He told me he was going to Utah for a wedding reception and he wanted me to meet up with him.  I tossed the idea back and forth in my head.  After just breaking up with someone (sorta.. it's a weird story) I wasn't really ready to get dissed again.  I DIDN'T want to ruin the amazing friendship we had by us meeting- what if he thought I was repulsive!?  

But then I decided it didn't matter- if he didn't find me attractive, he wasn't worth my time anyway so we might as well see where this goes!!  Plus, he sang "quit playing games with my heart" to me over the phone when I told him I wasn't coming after already saying once that I was.  How can you say no after that one!?!
So the day we actually met... was like a movie scene.  I don't remember many days in my life this vividly but this day I do.  I was sitting in my car, the sun was getting low in the sky and I had just pulled in the parking lot of his friends reception.  I called him and told him I was there, and he said he was there- and he'd meet me at my car.  I saw in my rear view mirror him get out of his jeep (now OUR jeep...that I helped him pick out in a letter;) and start to walk towards me.  I felt butterflies like never before and I swear he was the cutest guy I'd ever seen. 

I got out of my car, and both of us met eyes for the first  time and we both just lit up with huge smiles.  Then the next thing I know we're both running towards each other and embrace in a huge, long-time-no-see, kind of a hug.  We were instant best friends- and to my suprise- nothing changed in the friendship we had built over the phone and through letters.  In fact, it was BETTER!  He was the perfect height, had the style I like in a guy, and SO NICE!  Not to mention hilarious, crazy, humble, awesome, perfect, amazing, sexy, la la la etc etc!
He put his arm around me as we went in the reception, and after a short time there he wanted to get out of there and hang out on temple square.  We snuck on the top of the conference center (rebel kids) and watched the sunset- we just sat and talked in my car forever watching the city lights and just laughed and talked forever.  He got me to drink a Mt. Dew and he played my guitar that was in my trunk, we both did.  My favorite part was taking pictures and videos with him.  Seriously, WHO feels that comfortable INSTANTLY with a person!!  I'm sure people do, but not me, no, not EVER!!  I will never forget sitting in the grass in front of the SLC Temple taking cell phone pics of each other to put with our names in our phones.. or especially how he and I talked about how we both wanted a music room in our house.  He said, "well, when we get married, we'll have a music room"  I'm telling you, it was like nothing else.
Late that night after I dropped him off I was driving up a windy hill and I got the text, "I really wanted to kiss you just now"  I had to pull over to respond, I was so excited!  It was one of the best days ever- and I will be forever grateful to Heavenly Father for crossing our paths so we could fall in love and have this great life together.  BOY DID WE FALL IN LOVE!  The next day was our first hand hold and kiss (;  and less than 6 months later we were married for time and all eternity in the Mesa, AZ temple.  I love Tony so much.  This day is so special to me...

instant best friends.
and check out Tony's double heel click!  That's just impressive.

*my post title was part of lyrics to a song we listened to in the car together. Jaded by Mest.  

21 lovely comments:

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

awww cute!

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

What a great story! It always amazes me how God sets up our love stories :)

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my! Connie!! This is the cutest story EVER! I was smiling the whole time I read it (not weird, no worries ha) Seriously! I love it!

Piril Maria said... Reply To This Comment

A great post. Loved it.


Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

i love how the car you two are in is now my car. good ole sandy!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

What a beautiful story (: I love happy endings. Awe... did he ever give you a cd? or did he sing all the songs to you whenever you asked? (:

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

Connie--- this is the cutest story EVER!!! I loved reading about how you and Tony met, and your pictures are all so cute. It's amazing how I can see your excitement in the pictures you guys took on that day!
Congrats on being together 5 years! Woohoo! =)

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Connie! Babe! This post is so special, thanks for doing it! That was the best day ever! I love you so much!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

oh man, that is the CUTEST "how we met" story EV.ER!!!

love_b said... Reply To This Comment

So cute! ♥

Sasha said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh, that is so perfect! Love your story!

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

Love this post! It takes me back when my husband and I met, which ironically I've just recently posted on my blog! Great minds, you and I? I think so!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Sweetest love story I read in a long time if not to say ever.

And Tony's comment is so sweet as well.

Heidi said... Reply To This Comment

This is so freaking cute and sweet. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I hope that I have a cute story like that someday :)

Aaron and Jeanette Radmall said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE THIS! Reading sweet love stories like this makes me smile. Thanks for sharing!

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

That is such a wonderful story. What are the odds that you'd marry the hit guy in a band?! Congrats on such a wonderful relationship with Tony. Both of you are really lucky.

Shelby Lou said... Reply To This Comment

That is the SWEETEST thing I have ever read. Seriously?? How does this happen, that is like in a movie, I don't care who you are that is great! Honestly, these pictures are amazing too. Look how cute you both are!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

its rare to find someone you like and can actually be yourself around that person at the same time! i like your guys' story, its way cute!

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

What a unique story, love it :)

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

You guys are adorable!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Awww, what a sweet story! :)