Monday, April 11, 2011

march 26th

...was B's actual birthday.  Even though we had a party for him already we had to celebrate.  These first two pictures show just how dark, cold, and dreary a day it was.  It was.  Freezing.  But still fun!  Even though that's more like what the day looked like, I can't have dark depressing pictures so the rest are lightened up(;
I decorated a little for him and got him his favorite candy (M&M's) which ended up being his breakfast.  We went out for cupcakes since I've been making way too many lately and I didn't want leftovers!  I have to make more though since I promised a few people I'd share my chocolate chip cupcakes + blackberry frosting recipe (and I need pictures of them if I'm going to post it;)  As we drove around I couldn't help but notice that gorgeous tree!  I wish the day was warmer and bright and sunny so we could've gotten better pictures but oh well.
Then we took the kiddo to toys r us where he picked out "one toy" (ended up being two- he kept dumping toys in the cart).  And later it started to snow on our way home after picking up Chick Fil A for dinner (brody's other favorite).
salted caramel... so good.
We woke up to a little bit of snow- just beautiful.  But I had to drive off to Virginia super early so I didn't get to enjoy it much.  I'll share about that trip later!

9 lovely comments:

vintch said... Reply To This Comment

looks like such a perfect day for a perfect little boy! how cute:) thank you for sharing this little peek! candy for breakfast is always a good birthday idea.

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

oh my goodness how cute! and those cupcakes look delicious :D

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

Brody is adorable, as always! Hyrum looks so super snuggly! You're beautiful, those pink flowers are amazing and oh-my-goodness those cupcakes look divine! I am always a fan of anything with the word "shoppe" and your cupcake place seems extra worthy of my "shoppe" love! Haha!
Happy Monday Connie! =)

MuffinLovesBiscuit

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE that tree!! And Hyrum's hair is adorable!

Erin said... Reply To This Comment

the cupcake shop is RIGHT by my housE! I am so jealous that you have that tree in your yard...i want one so bad!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

i love that you decorated even though there was no party, what a cool mom!

oh & it's so pretty there! i'm kinda bummed i'm not there to see it! stupid helicopters! :)

Kristi said... Reply To This Comment

Your blog just makes me smile. You are such a talented Photographer and great Mom :) My kids also love m&m's and cupcakes, so this post hit home!
Can't wait for you to post your cupcake receipe!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Your two little boys are soooooo cute!!!

Wow, that tree is amazing! Beautiful!

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Why are their cups printed upside down? Is that weird? hah.
Love Brody's sweet bow tie.