Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter to Tony!

Tony had ONE request for his easter.  Starburst Jelly Beans.  How often do those come out??  So naturally I was going to get them for him.  I went out weeks in advance and noticed they had a bag of .... ALL REDS!  I just knew that would be the pleasant surprise he wouldn't see coming.  He's usually the "all red" kind of guy when it comes to my bag of sour patch kids.  Plus, as far as I remember, he didn't even like any other flavors.  About a week before Easter Tony reminded me to get Starburst jelly beans and said, "just the regular kind".  Oh good.  Ok.

So I went down to target and of course they were ALL OUT.  I figured it was just because it was 9pm and they hadn't restocked their shelf.  Well, time flew and I got a little busy.  So the day before Easter I asked Tony to get his own bag (this is how serious of a gift it was).  But...
Ahhh Crap.  Happy Easter to the GROUNDlike this  Sorry TONY!!!  Thankfully my husband isn't a diva and he just laughed- but I still feel laaaaame!  Especially after the huge basket of candy he gave me of all my easter favorites.  *sigh.  Better luck next year.

ps. it's neck and neck over here!  (;

6 lovely comments:

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

haha that is awful. I went out looking for reeses pieces... the ones in that cute little carrot bag, but I could not find any anywhere either ): Well maybe you can make up for it with extra candy for Father's Day (:

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

Empty shelves!!! I've never seen completely empty shelves at a store before.... Poor Tony and his lack of jelly beans! Haha!!

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Courtney B said... Reply To This Comment

It is crazy how the Easter candy disappears over night!! My favorite's the sweetart jelly beans and I didn't get any last year because of this!

Nicole Jeannette said... Reply To This Comment

How crazy!!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

hahahaha!

Yeah, I fail too sometimes! Luckily, a little playtime in bed and all is forgiven!

dinotoria said... Reply To This Comment

I'm way late with this, but I can get Starburst Jellybeans anytime at Kroger. I just live in TN, so surely in KY some Kroger would have them.

I was disappointed because I only got 1 bag of Starburst Jellybeans this year, and it was only the red ones. Last year I literally had over 10 bags during the Easter season.