Saturday, March 26, 2011

three

Happy Birthday today to my sweet little man, Brody!!

Where do I even begin, Brody?  You have taught me so much.  So much.  Your latest lesson to me was, "be happy mommy!.... SMILE!!!"  If I get a little down it doesn't last long with my sweet Brody teaching me to forget my troubles and to just-smile.  All you ever want is to see people smiling... happy.  I've taught you how to say please and thank you but you teach me even greater lessons.  I couldn't be more grateful to be your mommy.  You call me mom now mostly- I guess that means I'm growing up too.

My baby is three years old (even though you always tell me, "i'm not a baby!").  Seems like just yesterday I saw you for the first time.  It was the most amazing moment of my life up to that point.  And then there's me, a three year old mom.  So many what-if's or should've-done-betters, on my part.  But I wouldn't change a thing- I've learned a lot!  Thank you for always loving me and needing me- even while I'm learning how to be the best mom I can be:)

Looking back on these little videos since you were born made me super emotional- the reality of passing time hit me and I just want life to slow down!  I miss those times when you were learning to crawl and then walk... or when you learned how to give kisses.  But even though I miss those times, I'm excited for all the years ahead.  The last three years have been so wonderful.  I'm in constant awe at you!  I hope you know and feel my love for you... and of course, as you've been taught- don't forget the love Heavenly Father has for you.  You are amazing and special, I love you so very very much.... happy third birthday sweetheart.

18 lovely comments:

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Beautiful! Happy birthday Brody :)

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday Brody! He and I share a b-day. How fun!

Sasha said... Reply To This Comment

That is the sweetest video. Happy Birthday to Brody!

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Amazing video. It's sweet to watch him grow up on video. Happy 3rd birthday to Brody!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

Cute video. Love the song. Happy Birthday Brody!

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

SO sweet! Happy birthday to your little man!

Sara Springer said... Reply To This Comment

I cried when I saw this video. I'm so excited to be a mommy! Happy burfday brody!

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

I teared up watching the video, no kidding. It was so sweet.

And happy birthday Brody!!

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday, Brody.
This is so adorable, Connie. Sweet words and cute video. Love it.

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

Shoot, I teared up myself watching this video. Makes me think of my own little man being so big. Happy Birthday to Brody! He's so precious!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Awe... so cute. Happy Birthday Brody!! (:

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Awe... so cute. Happy Birthday Brody!! (:

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

stop making super cute videos!!! Happy birthday Brodster!!! And happy 3 years to you Mama.

Katie said... Reply To This Comment

so so sweet!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I am glad you are coming to visit me and Grandma Nelson. Happy birthday B!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

That was so adorable! Happy Birthday to your Brody. You are such a beautiful good mom. Such an example. PS You make the best videos. I need to learn how!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Happy Birthday little man. He just get more darling and darling. Hyrum looks just like him! So cute.

Can you even believe you have a three year old?? Crazy feeling right?

p.s. did you set up skype?

Kandice said... Reply To This Comment

i just can't believe babies actually grow up :( my little baby girl is already 8 weeks old and i just want her to stay that way forever and always.

although, i'm sure i'll love every single second of their lives growing up. haha

they're just so special and innocent and perfect. i'm going to miss it like crazy.