I was not really looking forward to the drive out to Kentucky. I was actually pretty much dreading it. But suprisingly to me it went well! In fact it was actually fun! My boys were so good only a few fits and tears but I think since Brody is getting older he is more reasonable about stuff like this (at least he was better than last year and this was a longer drive by far- times it by two). Could've been that we told him he'd find his "James" train in Kentucky so he was pretty excited everyday when we said we were getting closer. I'm so glad Hyrum has been liking little toys lately- made the drive a lot more bearable for him (and us).
Here are a few little things from the drive:
1. pretty arizona (and goodbye)
2. it was SO WINDY everywhere we went! (that was New Mexico)
4. St. Louis- last day of driving. We were going to stop at the Arch but wanted to just be done! (I've already been to it anyway;)
5. Tony getting out of a ticket with his Iphone (we had an expired insurance card in the car but it really is current- so he pulled it up online. (thank you VERIZON for service in the middle of nowhere!)
6. St. Louis had bridges everywhere
7. Brody at our last hotel stay... he asked for a backpack for his birthday and loves it (I still need to blog about his party- we had it a month early)
8. I call him "happy hyrum" it's true.
9. more St. Louis- arch in background
10. cool very old houses were seen
11. Tony happy as ever- I think he was also happy that he was able to weasel out of TWO tickets (we got pulled over twice in one hour- bored cops or something;)
12. we ate our weight in fast food- literally.
I'm so excited for this new adventure we are on...
I love my family.
Oh... and enjoy this video of all the well, videos I took on the road. (: (and at the end you'll get a preview of our new house!)
Brody really did sing that song over and over- still does (;
An especial thank you to my in-laws who drove our U-haul truck (complete with car dolly and car hitched to it.) Couldn't have survived without them helping us!
I can't believe our whole world fits into a 24 foot truck :p