Wednesday, March 23, 2011

our three day drive

I was not really looking forward to the drive out to Kentucky.  I was actually pretty much dreading it.  But suprisingly to me it went well!  In fact it was actually fun!  My boys were so good only a few fits and tears but I think since Brody is getting older he is more reasonable about stuff like this (at least he was better than last year and this was a longer drive by far- times it by two).  Could've been that we told him he'd find his "James" train in Kentucky so he was pretty excited everyday when we said we were getting closer.  I'm so glad Hyrum has been liking little toys lately- made the drive a lot more bearable for him (and us).  
Here are a few little things from the drive:
1. pretty arizona (and goodbye)
2. it was SO WINDY everywhere we went! (that was New Mexico)
3. Brody
4. St. Louis- last day of driving.  We were going to stop at the Arch but wanted to just be done! (I've already been to it anyway;)
5. Tony getting out of a ticket with his Iphone (we had an expired insurance card in the car but it really is current- so he pulled it up online. (thank you VERIZON for service in the middle of nowhere!)
6. St. Louis had bridges everywhere
7. Brody at our last hotel stay... he asked for a backpack for his birthday and loves it (I still need to blog about his party- we had it a month early)
8. I call him "happy hyrum"  it's true.
9. more St. Louis- arch in background
10. cool very old houses were seen
11. Tony happy as ever- I think he was also happy that he was able to weasel out of TWO tickets (we got pulled over twice in one hour- bored cops or something;)
12. we ate our weight in fast food- literally.

I'm so excited for this new adventure we are on...
I love my family.
Oh... and enjoy this video of all the well, videos I took on the road. (: (and at the end you'll get a preview of our new house!)
Brody really did sing that song over and over- still does (;
An especial thank you to my in-laws who drove our U-haul truck (complete with car dolly and car hitched to it.)  Couldn't have survived without them helping us!

I can't believe our whole world fits into a 24 foot truck :p

28 lovely comments:

Hannah said... Reply To This Comment

hahahaha...I love the song in the beginning!

Mrs. Biscuit said... Reply To This Comment

You are stunning, as always, your boys are the cutest and this video was so fun to watch! Good luck with everything in Kentucky! I look forward to hearing about it on your blog!

And They Lived Happily Ever After...

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

CUTEST video. AND CUTEST FAMILY ever.

So happy that the drive went well. Best of LUCK!

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

p.s. your new home looks AMAZING!

erin said... Reply To This Comment

looooved the video! the old mcdonalds in the beginning killed me. you guys make me want to pick up and have a road trip adventure :)

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

you video is amazing connie. I enjoyed watching the scenery go by and the music was beautiful. awwee and Brody and Hyrum are so freaking cute (: loooove it. You new home is also gorgeous!! Send me a post card (:

Lyndsay said... Reply To This Comment

I think it would be so exciting to have an adventure like this! Sounds like you are embracing it and I think that is awesome! Good luck with everything!

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

Connie, I loved the video! Beautiful, really. :)

Michelle said... Reply To This Comment

I love! how you set your photos up and numbered them! So cute!! And thank goodness for iPhones...that baby has saved me so many times! Have a good Thursday!

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

what an adventure!!! It's so great you got it on video and in pictures!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

cool video! & your house looks awesome, i wanna see more! :)

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

Your videos are the best. You really capture people! I especially love the part where Brody is drooling. ;)

Tunes and Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Brody, that is some serious droolage youve got going on there!!! im so happy for you guys and your new journey!!!!!

connie what do you edit your videos on?

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

What a fun adventure for your cute little family! I love the drool from Brody. So classic. I love that Hyrum is so close in age to my Tiny Man... both love to grab and chew on everything. :) He is so stinking cute. Your house looks beautiful.. can't wait to see more of it!

Eeee...iiii.eeee.... iiii.... oooooh!!

Leticia said... Reply To This Comment

cute video! So glad your kids were good for you on the drive. I noticed that we totally have the same carseat and lion chime. I'll chalk it up as good taste!

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

two things:
they are not "old houses," they are victorian style homes. welcome to the east. :)
second, I HAVE LITERALLY CHECKED YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR NEW HOUSE...and...nothing...leavin me hanging there bro.

Staci said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome video! I hope you are settling well in the new house.

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

glad you made it safely!! :) love your video too haha

Eeny said... Reply To This Comment

this is so sweet. loved to watch it. you are really a sweet family. i am glad you made it to your new home safe and i can't wait to hear more from you about your new adventures at your new home.
xo.

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

I loved the video :)

I can't imagine what a difference Kentucky must be for you being from Arizona. Devin went to his internship to Georgia- his first green place ever and he ever since he came back to Utah he talks about it all of the time. Being from Kentucky, I miss the green.

Things to invest in:
- good windshield wipers
- cute rain boots
- umbrellas

:)

Ashton Dene' said... Reply To This Comment

I've made that drive through Missouri & Illinois and Indiana to get to Ohio...it's so pretty even if it is long.

Brody's a cute little guy, love the backpack!

& the house looks beautiful

x, ash

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Yay!! So amazing and so fun! I can't wait to see more pics of your house. It looks adorable!! How the weather treatin' ya there? And most importantly have you started saying "Y'all" yet? I mean, I know it's only been a few days but still....

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Am I completely ridiculous that I was teary eyed through that whole movie? Connie I miss you already. Please visit often!!!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Our sons are such studs! And you are so beautiful and great connie! You are so talented with this kind of stuff! Oh man, i loooove how Brody was singing "and on that farm he had a daddy" haha!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Great video kid. Hyrum is getting so big. I loved the singing too, Brody is so charming. I will miss Arizona too; I really like the place, and only get to go there when travelling through it or if we visit you, oh well. I can't wait to see you soon kid.

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

oh man I LOVE that video!! so so precious!

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

Very cute video to document this new adventure:) The house looks awesome.