Monday, February 7, 2011

a little overdue

IMG_5304
Little side note about Mondays... they aren't so bad.  At least not now that I'm out of school!  Wahoo!
IMG_5269.
IMG_5270
IMG_5273
IMG_5298
IMG_5280
IMG_5300.
IMG_5296
But haircuts are not.  Which is why Tony and I let Brody's shaggy 70's hair go on so long.  Don't get me wrong, I loved it... but some days he looked like a little homeless boy.  And most of the time looked ratty and teased in the back from sleeping on it.  Sure it looked cute after a bath but  baths in the morning for a two year old aren't exactly appealing (nor do they make any kind of sense, you know what I'm sayin?!).
Anyway we finally bit the bullet and did it- fifteen minutes of screaming and thrashing is worth not having to struggle to comb it every day. (oh because he hates getting his hair brushed too.  Silly stinker man.)  I love it both ways, really.  Although I admit I was missing it for about a day and a half.
IMG_5342
IMG_5564bw

Of course before I cut it I had to make good use of his long locks
IMG_4023blog
IMG_4030blog
(no I'm not longing for a girl.. I mean, I'd like one someday but that's not why I decided to do this to him.  I'm just cruel I guess ;)

21 lovely comments:

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

When his hair is long, he looks so much like Tony!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Really? That's funny- I think it's the other way around :p

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

Such a handsome man! How does he like his new 'do?

Gertrude said... Reply To This Comment

Haha the pigtail photos are so funny! He's so cute with both styles :) x

Overthinking Mama said... Reply To This Comment

my mom used to "torture" my son like that.. lol. only she curled it with the curling iron (he's got super straight hair). He hated getting his hair cut too and still does (he's 8) at least now he can brush it himself :-)

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

He looks so cute either way. Although he'll probably hate you for the pigtails picture years down the road.

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Seriously could he be any cuter in your video? Stop it right now. lets play. Cause I only have a few more weeks before you leave me for forever. or until you come back to visit.

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie, This was a great start to our family night. Makes me want to hold my little guy right now! He does look cute either way, and in the pigtail pictures, he looks like Annie and you did when you were young! All I can say is ADORABLE! Love, Mom

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

Hi Connie, This was a great start to our family night. Makes me want to hold my little guy right now! He does look cute either way, and in the pigtail pictures, he looks like Annie and you did when you were young! All I can say is ADORABLE! Love, Mom

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Look at that stud palming the soccer ball! I loved his long hair, but short looks super handsome as well.

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

He looks so dejected! I love his pretty green-blue eyes.

Hannah said... Reply To This Comment

Little embarrassed to admit it, buuut...I laughed out loud when I saw his pigtails. I love it.

Fiery Jack said... Reply To This Comment

I was impressed by the palming the soccer ball too. And I like that I can see the Superbowl on in the background in this last picture.

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my! He is such a stud. I like his haircut!! Don't you love that your kids love arts and crafts? We watercolored all afternoon too. Well most of it. His little voice is so precious!!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

Love his haircut! So handsome. He looks cute with long hair too but his haircut makes him look older (even though I'm sure that's bittersweet for you). That video is awesome too. What a cute boy!

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

mike - it was the afc championship game actually. but yea like every picture connie takes this time of year has football on in the background haha

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! pigtails!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I loved the pigtails too... reminds me of his momma. With short hair he looks like his daddy. I love that boy!!!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

He looks like such a little man! I cannot believe how big he is.

You and Tony make beautiful babies!!

Anne said... Reply To This Comment

I cracked up at that last line. I will have to remember that one if I ever say im sorry to you. what a Qtie brody is!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha that is exactly what I did to Kai. when he had long hair I would put it up with a hair clip.. then got it cut ): I still miss his long hair to this day.