Saturday, February 19, 2011

i already broke my new year's resolution

One of my new year resolutions was to -- wait for it -- take less pictures.  My problem is that I'll take shots thinking I'll delete them later but I don't have the heart.  Pansy.
Whatever, so it's only February and I failed miserably at this outing to the park (what, I get 8 frames a second with my camera... the pictures kinda add up fast).  Despite breaking my resolution this early I still really am going to work on taking LESS pictures.  Not that I'm that bad, I just know myself- and I have to be organized.  Too many pictures makes my life feel cluttered (interestingly enough) and it stresses me out.  Done rambling.
Yesterday we spent a good 3 1/2 hours at Freestone park.  I love the age Brody is now- he has SO much fun at stuff like this.  I went here with friends not too long ago but forgot my camera!  Guess I had to make up for it... (;
_MG_6761
_MG_6790
_MG_6795
_MG_6767
_MG_6807
_MG_6798
_MG_6882
_MG_6774
_MG_6811
_MG_6841
_MG_6856
_MG_6859
_MG_6835
_MG_6891
_MG_6871
_MG_6822
_MG_7006
_MG_6921
_MG_6930
_MG_6933
_MG_6955
_MG_6968
_MG_6979
_MG_6978
_MG_6991
_MG_7000

_MG_7012
_MG_7015
_MG_7025
_MG_7002
_MG_7027
park

It's such a small little place but lots of fun- especially the watching Brody have a blast, part. They played awesome banjo music the whole time that felt like Disneyland so how can you not spend three hours there (; Anyway that inspired the little video & the music. (It looks like Hyrum is being gagged but he rather liked chewing (drooling) on the sling...thing. It's true.) Ta ta for now.

25 lovely comments:

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

ahhh I love the video :D How fun!

LibbyLayla1984 said... Reply To This Comment

OMG these photographs are awesome!! What type of camera do you use>
xox

Gertrude said... Reply To This Comment

Loved these pictures! You should continue breaking your resolution ha! :)

Stephanie {Luxe Boulevard} said... Reply To This Comment

Looks like so much fun. We have a place here called "Heritage Square" that is similar. We love taking the kids there in the summer.
Oh, and I have a request. I just ordered a super fancy dslr (is that right?) camera. It should be arriving this week. Can you do a post at some point, providing a few easy pointers on using them? I specifically went with one that wasn't geared toward point and shoot. Been there, bought those, threw them out. I really just have a hard time with ther terminology. They say do "this" and it does "that!" (super fancy trick I admire in others photos), but I have no idea what any of those things mean.

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

I love the pictures- Freestone park is my favorite park out here, so much fun! I have played my share of sand volleyball games there!

Hannah said... Reply To This Comment

The video is way too cute!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

With a family as cute as yours, you better keep breaking that resolution!

It looks like you all had a blast, especially little Brody. He is such a big boy now!

Hy is SO cute. Who does he look like? I can't tell...

sarah said... Reply To This Comment

Brody is so funny. His face while he's riding in that "Chevy" car... priceless. Too cute.

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

I had fun this morning watching you go on your outing of yesterday. I am looking forward to when you move to Kentucky so Dad and I can be with you in person and share in some of those wonder moments. Those are great shots of all of you, so I don't mind you breaking your resolution, but I understand COMPLETELY what you mean by not feeling organized. I live that life with my 29 years of pictures. It is always a weight in my mind. I wish I could get them all in books, etc. and organize the ones I currently have to put in books, etc. Life is too precious and moments too fleeting not to document! Love, Mother

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

the video is so cute:)

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

What a cute video! And ALL the pictures are beautiful! Looks like so much FUN!

Billy and Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

What a great video!!

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

how fun! Love your awesome video complete with the music!

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

i'm glad you took(take) lots of pics!!! you are so talented, i love them all!!
looks like ya'll had such a fun family day :)
the video is adorable too!!

erin said... Reply To This Comment

these pictures are to die for! i love. and now i'm totally craving a ice cream sandwich :)

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

That is a cute video... I love carnivals (:

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

So cute!!

JED said... Reply To This Comment

I love your pictures! Don't stop! I love seeing my little boys!

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Oh dad of course I can't "stop"... just scale back a tad (:

Ali Brown said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my word these pictures and this video just melt my heart!!! So wonderful and I think it's wonderful that you take lots of pictures...we can always buy more hard drive right???? heehee ;)

Julie Carol Standley said... Reply To This Comment

im new to your blog...
but i LOVE IT!
come follow me:
http://travisandjuliestandley.blogspot.com/

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

oh my gracious! those pictures of brody and the ice cream sandwhich are priceless!!! he is totally devouring it!!!! please dont start taking less pictures....i love your pictures!

hy is getting cuter and cuter by the day! oh man....i can feel it....the fever.

looking at your babes makes me want my own.

miss lex: said... Reply To This Comment

absolutely adorable.

miss lex: said... Reply To This Comment

absolutely adorable.

Tucker said... Reply To This Comment

you are an incredible photographer!! i love these photos ... what a lovely memory (: carousels are always so fun!