Monday, February 28, 2011

before February is over..

Ahh yes, the month of loooove.  It's  over in a matter of minutes.  Too fast.  Life.. stop going so fast.  We did celebrate valentine's day.  For two days, in fact.  Tony and I made a deal this year that we think it would be special that we switch off planning the "big date" each year.  We'd still do stuff for the other person but the big date would switch every year.  I gladly volunteered to go for it this year- I was excited!  But... nothing really went as I wanted it to.  (It's HARD when you have a baby at home who needs you so you can't just be gone for hours on end).  We still had a lovely dinner together, went to "our spot" to see the city lights, and schtuff.

Few weekends ago Tony had to fly out of town for a work thing.  I had a night and part of a day to work on a little something for him.  I recorded my song for him.  When we were dating I wrote him a song on the guitar (I'm no guitarist- but from the few things I taught myself, I wrote something for him).  I'm also no singer but you do crazy things when you are in love.  So, I recorded my singing along with the guitar part and put that on his Ipod.  There have been a few people in my life that love my singing voice (at least a few that have told me) and Tony is one of them.  Thanks for making me feel good about it, T!

Although I was in charge of the big date I didn't get any pictures of the stuff I did!  I kinda like it that way- but obviously I had to take pictures when Tony whipped out a little something for me Valentine's night (cupcakes).  I love my husband so much, we're a perfect fit.  Thanks for being you, Tony- I couldn't imagine life any other way than as your wife.

9 lovely comments:

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

I love you too babe!!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

1) I am such a sap.
2) Seeing that Tony already commented on this made me sap even more.
3) Okay, I'm done. I put my big-girl tough face back on..rawr!

Lubbb you! And I lubb Sprinkles. Joes and/or Sprinkles tomorrow? I'm free all dayy..that never happens. I feel like I won the lottery - no work, no school, and no mountain (boo on that!!). Hehe.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

Awwwww so special! love this.

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

What a lovely date. Yumm those cupcakes looks so good (:

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

This is so sweet- I love that you wrote a song about him, I bet he just LOVED it!

Vanessa said... Reply To This Comment

Aww this is so sweet! & cupcakes? Always a win!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

you guys are cute! that stuff is like straight out of a movie, good man tony! :)

Billy and Marissa said... Reply To This Comment

AW! What a special day :)

Preston & Syd said... Reply To This Comment

I love those cupcakes! I have never been to a sprinkles store to buy them but I do buy the mixes at Williams Sonoma-SO GOOD!