Sunday, January 30, 2011

rosettes & cupcakes

Tony was sick all week. While he was passed out on the couch I whipped up this little necklace. My camera was getting "detailed" (let's say) so I didn't take step by step pictures for my own tutorial (I did make mine slightly different) but I found the tutorial here. So check it out.  I like.
IMG_4965
rosette necklace
It was my first go at making fabric flowers- I was suprised at how easy it was!  Good to know.

Getting sick of my cupcake talk?  yeah me too.  But I thought this was funny and it would be weird to bring up way down the road so.  (Out with it Connie.)  Um.  Is it weird I don't really care for cake but I love cupcakes? Anyway when I waited for Tony to get home from work in the summer I stumbled across the show Cupcake Wars. I love it. I even dvr it. haha! So... there have been lots of Arizona contestants on the show, right? One happened to have their shop ten minutes from us! (She even WON!) This HAD to be good.  So we checked it out...
IMG_5000
IMG_4997
IMG_4998
IMG_5003
IMG_5004
IMG_5007
IMG_5011
IMG_500
Haha!  (Turns out I've had a ba-gillion photo shoots RIGHT where it was but never noticed the joint...not observant, maybe?)  Anyway we'll stick with what we know and love.  I was pretty disappointed I didn't love them!  We all thought the vanilla was lemon and the "cookie dough" tasted like cherry extract.  Sad.
When we drove home I asked Brody, "which cupcake did you like the best?"  He said, "I don't know... it was a yucky one."
Swing and a miss.


Speaking of food, I made my recipes a little easier to navigate.   I know, you're welcome.

18 lovely comments:

Allison said... Reply To This Comment

Ooh, I love cupcakes and that rosette necklace is LOVELY! You got some skill, lady! Man, it totally stinks when cupcakes look delicious but just don't turn out.... what a disappointment.

the sweet paper house said... Reply To This Comment

LOve the necklace!!! I'm slightly obsessed with fabric rosettes right now too!... btw... just wanted to let ya know that i nominated you for the stylish blogger award! check out my post to see what its about:)

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

I had the vanilla and thought the SAME THING!!!!!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

I have not had a cupcake in a looong time. But I think I would rather go to Sprinkles to cure my cravings haha poor Brody... I hope his trip ended well even after the awful cupcake haha

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

Cute necklace! I really love the colors!

So sad that the cupcakes didn't taste good.
And don't worry, I won't get sick of your cupcake talk. ;) Cupcake talk is GOOD.

Jaime said... Reply To This Comment

Love, love, love the necklace! May have to try that out!

Re: Cupcakes. I saw the show and was going to go try said cupcake shop, too. Now I may not waste my time. However; do you drive all the way to Scottsdale for Sprinkles? Or is there another location? I say "all the way" of course, not knowing where you live. But from Queen Creek - it's a bit far, even for cupcakes.

The one time I tried to go, it was closed. =( You'd think by their location and their rep, they'd stay open a bit later. You know, like iHOP. =)

Hil said... Reply To This Comment

Such a cute necklace! If you are ever in Idaho let me know and we'll swing by the Cocoa Bean for an awesome cupcake. :) Sorry your cupcake venture was less than exciting! At least you have an adorable little boy! I love that even HE thought it was yucky...

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

You crack me up that you dislike cake but love cupcakes- too funny!

My goal for this week is to make that rosette neckalace- I LOVE IT!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

You are hilarious my dear. This was so so cute!! I love you and the kind friend you are. Thank you for everything. Mwah!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE that necklaces!

Courtney said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE the necklace!

That's too bad about the cupcakes! I LOVE cupcakes!

mandyface said... Reply To This Comment

i love those cupcakes!! you captured them beautifully :)

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

LOVE your necklace. That cupcake place that is down the street from where I live too, I agree...is not Sprinkles and is not a good substitute. Sad. I too am not a huge fan of cake but I can do a cupcake...mostly just one from Sprinkles!

Katie Rush said... Reply To This Comment

Three things...
1. That necklace is SO stinkin cute!
2. Um yes, please, I'll have one of each cupcake! Delicious!
and 3. You're blog is so cute! :)

Lynn {hearted girl} said... Reply To This Comment

so pretty! great work and such lovely fabric you chose. poor sick tony though, hope he feels better soon. boys don't handle the sicks so well sometimes.

thing is, i'm never tired of cupycake goodness, so bring it whenever you want. the drool has made it's way onto my keyboard, those look SO good! sorry to hear the taste doesn't match the image. boo. ♥

j & s said... Reply To This Comment

k i totally may have missed it but whats the name of this other cupcake place you are talking about??

and ps. cute necklace :) thank you for teaching me what is "in" these days.

kenzie said... Reply To This Comment

oo! adorable necklace! i'll have to try that tutorial sometime!

ok. srsly. no one can hate cupcakes. it's impossible. you just keep loving those cupcakes. :)

ha! have a great day! btw- your kids are so adorable.

kenzie
aboutkenzie.blogspot.com

CREATIVE MIND said... Reply To This Comment

this is awesome..cute...you have a smart family..keep rocking