Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a list

In no particular order, today I'm grateful:
11x14merry go round
1. that my mom's tumor is NOT cancer.
2. For my amazing husband who knows how important some things are to me (like a trip to the snow and butt loads of pictures) and he goes right along with it without complaint (can't wait to share that trip from last friday, it was a good one!)
3. for a healthy baby and a toddler who teaches me important lessons everyday.
4. that I'm not going to worry about school for a while- I'm focusing on my kids and only my kids!
5. for extra sleep now that Hy is a little older and that nursing is easier the 2nd time around
6. pomegranates!!  love that beautiful, delicious fruit
7. cars that run
8. finishing my first roll of film on my diana (anyone know where i can get it developed?)
9. my sister in law Tricia for babysitting so Tony and I could go on a date last night for his birthday
10. That I've been up to the tippy top of the Washington Monument in D.C., walked the Golden Gate Bridge in California, shopped for crab in Seattle, snowboarded in Canada, took a ferry to the Statue of Liberty in New York, swam in the Gulf of Mexico in Florida, ate peaches in Georgia, cheese in Wisconsin, rubbed elbows with presidents at Mt. Rushmore, and survived tornadoes in Oklahoma.  There's still so much to this list.  I'm just grateful that I've had opportunities to do so much and try new things.  What's next for us is eating fried chicken in KENTUCKY!

(Sorry I left that detail out, had to tell some family first;)  Just when I thought I'd already experienced moving to a random place I never thought I'd live (Oklahoma) we're moving to another place I never would've thought I'd live! (;
(speaking of random{and school}- how about that picture of brody on a carousel?!  Haha!  That was something I had to do for school last semester  ...its a composite of a bunch of pictures (like the carousel he's riding is actually my baby's first christmas ornament;)  See projects I did for another class here.. if you want.

21 lovely comments:

Jaime said... Reply To This Comment

I lived in Kentucky for five years - on Ft. Knox. It's a beautiful state! Best wishes on your move (don't ever stop blogging, though!)

=)

Miss Priss Morgan said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, did you take a digital photography class or something? I took a bunch of photography classes at my university, but they were aweful. I quit before I got to digital, and am mostly self taught...

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

That carousel picture is stunning! Very well done!

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

so glad for number 1 and so glad to hear nursing is better the second round :D

Andie said... Reply To This Comment

I'm happy to hear about your Mom! Definitely good news! This is a great list, or at least a great start, right? And, bring it on. I live right across the bridge from Kentucky, so if you're in the area, stop and say hello. :-)

Andie
http://zimmermanlife.blogspot.com

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Wow I can't believe that you basically created that photo of Brody. I had no idea.
Sounds like a lot of great things. Especially the one about your Mom. Tumors can be so scary.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

so happy for your happy list.

Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

well i think that number one is about the best! you all must have been so worried (i've been there and it's a tough go). happy to hear all is well and love your list. cool photo composite too! it feels so magical, love it. ♥

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

that is great news about your mother. great.

i cant wait for babies that will teach me life lessons everyday.

pomegranates=pure delicious.

you are coming EAST! yay!!!

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

I had no idea about your mom, but that is such a relief.

That picture is just darling! You, my friend, are so dang creative!!!

Lauren said... Reply To This Comment

You can get your film developed at Tempe Camera!

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

Hi! I'm new here, but I think I'm in love with your fabulous blog. :)

I'm so happy to hear about all the good news on this list, and that you love pomegranates (i do, too!)

I'm following now, and can't wait to read more!

p.s. YOU and your family are beautiful!!

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

Kentucky! How fun!!! That's actually where Bon served his mission. What area/town will you guys be in - maybe Bon can offer some tips or good local dining ideas.

Ashley Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

the pic is so cute. and what a relief about your mama!! Good luck on the move Connie :)

xoxo

ps go look at my blog i gave you an award !!

Jamie said... Reply To This Comment

I LOVE that picture. Way cool. Also...Kentucky is closer to me which means it's not completely outlandish to think that one day you could take our pictures! ;)

Jess said... Reply To This Comment

Yay for new adventures! Hope you love your new home. Glad to hear your mom is healthy, too!

Cossebooms said... Reply To This Comment

Wow Kentucky!!! Sounds like an adventure. Hope you enjoy living there, but we'll miss you here.

Mama Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Sad to see you leave Arizona... now I can't steal day trip ideas from you. *humph* Have a great time in the new chapter of your life!

Hannah said... Reply To This Comment

1. Hooray for your mother. I am sure that was news to celebrate.

2. That picture is to die for.

3. And yay for beautiful Kentucky!

Eva said... Reply To This Comment

you know, i've never actually had a pomegranate! is that wrong?

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

NO WAY! Kentucky will be such a fun adventure! That photo is awesome, just like your blog. So jealous of all the cool places you've been! Good luck with move!