Tuesday, January 25, 2011

He has a Ph.D. in bein' swell

We have this awesome tradition of on our actual birthday going out and getting every possible free thing people give out on birthdays.  We're not as gung-ho about it as we used to be now that we have kids (or this year our printer was out of ink).... so we didn't go to some places we usually do (red robin, coldstone, to name two).  Sure, you can sometimes go on another day other than your birthday but we think its fun to just make a day of it!  Well, as much free junk food as we can stand anyway.  Tony celebrated his birthday this month and this year we got his free bday meal at Joes, Firehouse, and Golden Spoon frozen yogurt (he didn't want his free dessert at Tia Rosa's... can't imagine why he didn't want complete strangers singing "we wish it were our birthday so we could party too" to him.  You don't like the whole restaurant straining their necks to look at you all red-faced in your booth, eh Tony?  I think it's worth it! ...even if it is just a tablespoon of freezer burned vanilla bean ice cream and squirt of redi-whip.  It's my birthday, I deserve it!  (well, I guess it's.. Tony's birthday..we're.talkingabout..)
{diana/cell phone photos of us getting free bday crap.  Outside of Joes and Golden Spoon.}

My husband is hands down THE most perfect guy for me.  I have loads of reasons why I love him- more than I could possibly list but I'll list {some} here today seeing is, we just celebrated his birthday (1-11-11...whoa nelly check out that date).

things i  about him:
-he rocks.  Like, literally.  He plays the guitar (plus sings beautifully) and used to be in a band (ok.um.HOT) that alone won me over.  Okay not really that alone- but it didn't hurt (;
-speaking of music, he wrote me my very own song that I will always cherish.  In fact, whenever we "quarrel" I think of it and it makes me all giddy like a school boy.  Or newlywed.
-He changes ALL of Brody's diapers, wakes up when Brody does so I can sleep more (if I'm still in bed), and makes Brody breakfast and lunch (when he's home) just to help me out.
-randomly does the dishes and is so good at asking if certain things can be put in the dryer (he knows I follow the directions on the tag like it's my 2nd religion).
-gives back massages spontaneously
-CRACKS me up.  Seriously Tony is the funniest person I know (besides me, obvi.)
-super hardworking
-spiritual- reminds me to read our scriptures every day
-gives me great advice and perspective on things
-reads my blog.  As in... every single post.  I asked him once why and he said "i like your blog!" (Aw)
and one of my favorites...
-always happy.

He really is always happy!  I love you TONY!

21 lovely comments:

Mommy Kerin said... Reply To This Comment

I really love the photos!!

Devin & Ruthann said... Reply To This Comment

How sweet! You guys are an adorable couple!

Ashley Eliza said... Reply To This Comment

aw i just love this. it made me smile. :)

xoxo

Shalyn said... Reply To This Comment

Ha- your husband does seem like the second most funny person alive:-) You two are so cute. and not to make you jealous or anything...but I am the first employee of Golden Spoon ever in Arizona...I gained 10 pounds working at that place!

salena said... Reply To This Comment

I did notice that Tony is always happy! He's a great guy!
Steven said he's gonna miss Tony alot not selling this year.
Oh & I never knew of all that free stuff on your bday until Sarah told me about it! I'm totally gonna take advantage on the double part with the twins bday on Friday!

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I've always wanted to make a day of getting birthday freebies! You sound like a lucky woman.

Venassa said... Reply To This Comment

Aww it's nice to hear a little bit more about Tony. He sounds like an amazing man/dad. Happy birthday to him!
I love your birthday tradition. I always go to the same pizza place on my birthday because of the free birthday meal.

Mama Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Happy birthday Tony! You guys are sweet. I hope I find a man as perfect for me as Tony is for you! P.S. Yay for free stuff

Tony said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks hun, i love you too! your the perfect woman for me! ps - haha did you see brodys face in the first golden spoon pic!?!?!

Kell said... Reply To This Comment

Best idea ever! Milking the birthday for all it's worth ;)

Happy birthday to tony!

Hannah said... Reply To This Comment

I love this idea! So fun!

And love the blog.

-Hannah
hmocruz.blogspot.com

Chlo☮ said... Reply To This Comment

I just stumbled upon your blog, and goodness I LOVE IT :) So cute.

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

This reminds me a lot of Devin :)

Jenni Austria Germany said... Reply To This Comment

just stumbled upon as well...you are so pretty! and the froyo is making me hungry...

Courtney said... Reply To This Comment

We went to Red Robin yesterday on my birthday! We love free :) That sounds so fun to go all day getting free goods!!
That is so cute he reads your blog! I love reading about your adorable family :)

teamBoo said... Reply To This Comment

yesss! thank you for the mascara tip :) And all your sweet comments. You guys are so dang cute!

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

I loved your tribute to Tony! He deserves it! I love my son-in-law! Love, Momma Nelson

Holly said... Reply To This Comment

Hahah what an awesome birthday idea! :D

Also, I love that your husband reads your blog, that IS cute!

Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

um, yup, that's a perfect b-day for sure! please pass the redi-whip!!! i loved reading your love list, especially the reason he reads your blog. swoon, so cute.

hey, super happy you're a techie too!!! and you totally rocked the search box lades. YAH! ♥

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

how sweet :)

and now i want golden spoon. bad. ha.

it was fun talking to you tonight!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

I like free dinners/lunches or dessert too haha (:
Cute photos