Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Don't mind me, I just forget everything.

And by everything I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!  I used to be "all there", I was sharp as a tack.

However just in the last month alone I forgot:
-an acquaintance's name from church (i felt really bad when she knew mine)
-a good friends baby shower
-a FAMILY members baby shower
-the same family members baby blessing (feel free to hate me now, family member)
-pretty much everything Tony tells me, two minutes after he just told me,
-and
-a final. (nice way to kick off the end of the semester, right?  At least I still aced the class.)

At any rate.  The point of me writing this is to make you feel better if, at any point in time, I happened to forget a birthday, girls night, or other such social gathering you've invited me to.  Just thought I'd get it out there if you happen to be a victim of my shriveled, good-for-nothing memory (sorry to you) and there's advance notice to my next victims (be warned).  Not that I even remember these so-called invites in the first place- let alone the fact I may have forgotten about it.  Right?  Eh?
photo-1
I'm not always that way, I think.  I don't know, I can't remember.
Anyway, seems like I need a better scheduling system.  I-phone perhaps?  Tony?


ps.... we got a house in Kentucky lined up!  All finalized and junk ta-day.  I'm so excited for all the new stuff heading our way.  Should be good(;

13 lovely comments:

Courtney said... Reply To This Comment

Ah I'm horrible at remembering things too! If I don't have my book (that I schedule all hair appointments in) I feel lost. Cause I use that for everything else too...and I only have it right next to me at the salon. Then it sits in my car. Oops. But we just got new phones and I'm totally using the calendar in it..what a difference!
I have the hardest time remembering names at church... so if I'm trying to remember someone's name I sit by them when the roll goes around...then you can watch as they mark it or whatever hahaha!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh... Kentucky (: How fun and exciting.
Yea I forget things at times too, like when I am suppose to bake cookies for a cousin's pot luck at work ): I felt bad that she had to remind me on fb haha ):
With the amount of sons I have, I hope I don't EVER forget anyone anywhere... ): I would be the worst mother ever then *le sigh*

Erica Ann said... Reply To This Comment

I think it comes with having kids. Like you give most of your brain cells to your children or something. I've been the same way ever since having Ruby, I can never remember anything!

Are you guys moving for Tony's work? What does he do again?

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

If it makes you feel better, I'm always, always ALWAYS mixing up people's names! It's super embarrassing, so I get what you're saying.

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

Sounds like you have a case of "mommy-brain." I forget everything, all the time, so I celebrate when I DO remember things (and I don't even have kids, so you can imagine what I will forget when that happens... yikes!)

KatOfDiamonds said... Reply To This Comment

I think I have pre-baby mommy-brain.
I was so 'with it' in high school and early college with all my activites, and now. Good luck getting me to remember anything more than my work schedule!!

Autumn said... Reply To This Comment

I do that...and I don't have kids. I'm afraid what pregnancy will do to me.

Speaking of spacing...you're buying a house in Kentucky? I'm from there and it's beautiful.

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

:) miss you

Melody said... Reply To This Comment

You are normal like the rest of us? Hard to believe! Remember, I once picked up 5 children from school, and I counted heads, but when I got home, I had to return one because he is not the one I was suppose to get! Love,Mother

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I'm glad you still aced the class!! Congrats on the house. Renting?

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

Okay sorry I keep forgetting to mention WHY we're moving. yes, it's Tony's job. He works in the pest control business (it's sweet). Aaaaand.... well, I'll probably blog more about it later (:

Ashley said... Reply To This Comment

I am pretty sure my brain left me when I had my baby. I kept thinking it would return one day, bringing with it my short term memory and my large vocabulary, but it's been 17 months and as of yet, I'm still feeling quite scatterbrained.

At least I used to be intelligent. ;)

Tucker said... Reply To This Comment

girl i'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my body (: and i haven't even had kiddos yet!

i just found your blog - so happy i did! your family is adorable.