Monday, January 10, 2011

Blessed.. with a New Year and BIG changes

I'm SUPER excited for this new year.  And by excited I mean nervous and terrified.  Ok, excited too.  HIM & HER are moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Away from Arizona forever.  Well I'm not sure if "forever" is really accurate but at least for the next decade(ish) or more.  All this was brought to my attention a little before Hyrum was born and it became final only recently.  We're moving in TWO MONTHS and I'm nervous to be in a whole new place- no friends- NO family- and a place completely foreign.
I have truly loved living in Arizona.  The change does sadden me but I also feel like it's way past due.  I'm excited to start a new adventure with just Tony and my boys.
_MG_4269
_MG_4275
Hyrum was blessed at church on January 2.  I can't believe how fast time is flying.  He's already started to smile and laugh at me, I have to be really animated though.  He's 8 weeks this week!  Tony blessed him and it was beautiful.  His family came as well as my parents who were in town.  I didn't go out and get him a fancy outfit- I just put him in what Brody wore for his.  That's just as special, if not more.  I didn't get Brody anything fancy either- that's more of a baby girl thing, right? (:  My sister did make that white blanket though!  Thanks Anne!
_MG_4280
_MG_4286
_MG_4284
Speaking of change... since we've been married (little over 4 years ago) we've lived in a total of 5 different places.  Since we knew we'd be moving a lot we never bothered to buy a bedroom set to lug around and I'm actually quite glad!  Thanks to Tony's and my bad backs we upgraded our queen to a king size tempurpedic bed.  So far loving it- the only thing I don't like is a few times in the night waking up to feed Hyrum I realize I couldn't even reach Tony if I tried!  Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the new space, I just feel like I'm sleeping alone over here! haha!
bed2
I'll never for the life of me understand why we've started having back issues.  Feel free to feel bad for us that we slept on this piece for 4 whole years.  Actually it's our own dang fault... we just kept putting off getting decent sheets and a box spring that wasn't broken (not that it was always broken. .. anyway.)
new bed
I'm happy we did this now but I might feel differently once we have to move that massive thing across the country!  (at least we still don't have to move a bedroom set, right?)

Anyone want to come over and sleep in our guest bedroom?  You'll get an omelet for breakfast and complimentary back problems.

26 lovely comments:

e.day said... Reply To This Comment

oh my lanta!! where are you moving to?? how exciting, miss!

your family is so gorgeous. it certainly sounds like there are so many important and wonderful things happening in your life, and it is so exciting to be able to read about them.

and hyrum looks so so sweet. :)

JED said... Reply To This Comment

Say it isn't so, a bad mattress causes back problems? When we visited sweetie, your mom and I slept on your couch, and I had absolutely no back problems the whole time. Slept like a baby!

I really enjoyed our visit. Loved playing with Brody and meeting Hyrum. Two great kids.

Pia said... Reply To This Comment

That IS exciting news! Where are you moving to?

I think it's time for Bedis and me to upgrade our bed as well. We have a queen size, but had the luxury of sleeping on a king size bed on our ski trip. It was heavenly.

Makay said... Reply To This Comment

Awwwww... Congratulations. :) He is very cute! :)

AngelaMuir said... Reply To This Comment

Connie i SO want a king size bed, i am so jealous! and p.s where are you moving to? say somewhere in the middle and then we can see each other! :)

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

hahaha too funny. I feel bad for your back, but so glad you got a new bed (:

awe. Dressing up Hyrum in Brody's blessed clothes is cute. My sister had dressed my newphew in a cute black, red and white outfit when he was a few weeks old for his first photos, and once I had the boys, they all each wore it too (: So I have photos with all of them wearing that cute outfit (:

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

lol and I thought my bed was bad!! how fun it will be to move somewhere new! :)

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

You don't say WHERE you're moving?!? What a fun adventure with your little family though! And you guys make some dang cute kids! Hyrum is so adorable-I like that outfit, I feel like most of the boy blessing outfits are...not cute haha. Good luck with the move! PS I made my blog private but shoot me your email if you want to read and I'll send you an invite maurisafari{at}gmail

Monique said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats on the move and writing a new and exciting chapter in your lives! As for the bed... we got a king size right after our wedding and I felt the same way. Seven months later... we both sprawl out as far as we can, just somehow touching each other's fingertips when we sleep. Both types of comfort are now necessities! You'll start feeling that way too, really soon.

Jessie said... Reply To This Comment

noooo! you can't move! I had really wanted you to do the newborn pictures of my baby (and we'll just plain miss you guys). so where will you guys be going??

Kathleen said... Reply To This Comment

Hyrum looks adorable! And I love your outfit, SO cute!

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

you have the cutest little family :)
exciting you are moving!! you have to share to where!!
love the pics of hyrum, such a little stud!

The Dark Family said... Reply To This Comment

I'm so sad! I, too, wanted you to do newborn pictures for me in six months. :( I'm happy for you that you are excited for the move, and I'm sure the mattress will be no big deal- if anything it will cure your back pain from having to move it! haha. Well, good luck with everything, we all wish you the best!

-Autumn
Frequent blog stalker of yours and friend of many of your friends. :)

salena said... Reply To This Comment

I heard about your big move, it would be fun to try a new place this summer!
Hyrum is adorable, at first i thought he looked like another cute Brody but now he is just his own little cute:)

Andie said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats to you and your family. Your family is beautiful!

Andie
http://zimmermanlife.blogspot.com

Ashton Dene' said... Reply To This Comment

Your family is so beautiful. Congrats on the blessing and the big move! I'm sure you will be blessed in your journey.

xx, ash

Lacey said... Reply To This Comment

I'm sure your probs leaving out where your moving for a special post reveal? Well I'm glad your excited for the move. Changes are good!

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

It was nice being at the blessing with you all and I hope that we get to visit more often when you move! Roadtrip! Love, Mother

Tiffany Haynes said... Reply To This Comment

Sad you'll be moving. When are we to know of the mysterious whereabouts?

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

oh shoot. "across the country" does not sound like you're moving to utah lol i kept my hopes up. oh well, you'll have a fun adventure for sure. i keep thinking i want to move somewhere as well, to get a fresh start and just have it be me and my husband! you're going to love it!

lindsay said... Reply To This Comment

i'm so excited to see where this new chapter of your life takes you. moving in 2 months...how exciting :)

i understand how hard it is to leave what you are used to, family friends. but the new adventure will be so exciting. i can't wait for you to share this new journey with all of us!

xoxo

Courtney said... Reply To This Comment

Your little Hyrum is precious!! And I love the blessing outfit!
Good luck with your move..can't wait to hear where you'll be living :)
We can't WAIT to get a king size bed...we're hoping for it this year..

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

I am not happy about this move but I am happy you are happy and that's all that counts. hyrum is so cute! Can't wait to meet him tomorrow.

Oh, girl. You're totally sleeping alone on that bed. We have a king and we both always resort to our sides. bad thing besides that is one of our kids will always weasel in their way in the middle of the night and I won't even notice.

Little Miss Paige said... Reply To This Comment

Oh gracious, Hy is SOOOOOOO adorable! And you are one hot mama!

XOX,
Little Miss Paige

Tunes & Spoons said... Reply To This Comment

oh my gosh!!! where are you moving!?!?!

amber said... Reply To This Comment

you have a gorgeous family!! and hyrum is A-dorable!!!
glad i found your blog :)