Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why yesterday was cool...

Hyrum had his first bath-bath (non-sponge):
IMG_2940
IMG_2856
IMG_2857
IMG_2880
IMG_2888
IMG_2906
IMG_2917
IMG_2920
The story: He was an angel!  The first time Brody got a bath he screamed his head off... which is funny because I read babies generally like baths.  Brody STILL hates baths so I guess it's just him.  Anyway Hyrum was so cute- cried only a little when we took him out- cold probably.  I hate getting out of a bath or shower too in the winter! (that's one thing I love about AZ I'm rarely cold after. haha moving on..)

First we got 3 free cupcakes from Sprinkles THEN I won a dozen for free!
1208001351blog
IMG_2949
The Story: Like most days I was craving something sweet.  We had big plans to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop so little me told tony, "you know... we'll be half way to Sprinkles..."  So we checked out the word of the day and got free ones!  Even Brody got his!  I noticed a contest going on- take a picture of your free cupcake and you could win a free DOZEN!  I decided to be a little creative with mine, if I may be so bold to say it was creative. I finished it and uploaded it to my facebook- then spent the next 10 minutes TRYING to figure out how to post a fan photo on their facebook page.  After some time, I must've refreshed the page because then I noticed SECONDS EARLIER they announced the winner.  It was a simple group photo!  Good for them-- but GAH!  I JUST MISSED THE CONTEST!  And I'm not gonna lie, I spent a good chunk of my afternoon making mine.  I was horribly let down - CRUSHED to bits- but said anyway, "I couldn't figure out how to add a fan photo so it's on my page.. please go look at it so I didn't just waste two hours. haha!"  Someone from Sprinkles emailed me and asked to see it- then responded with this: "Wow!  I’m happy we didn’t miss out on this one!!  So cute!  Even though we already announced our winner on Facebook, I think this should have won!  Next time you’re by our store, just give us (yadda yadda) for a dozen cupcakes on us."  GLORY BE!  How lucky am I!!  (That's a $40value, people!)  Anyway... lesson learned.. never hurts to work for something you want.  Especially cupcakes. he!
Oh and here's the picture I submitted- haha.
sprinkles pic
The Sprinkles status said, "Wish you were horseback riding instead of working?...Post a picture of your free cupcake on our Facebook page and we’ll give our favorite photo a dozen free cupcakes!"

Brody met Santa!
1208001914
The Story: We were too early for the Santa at Bass so we just played and then later just went to a mall close by to see him.  Brody met him last year but didn't quite get it.  He knew who Santa was but didn't have that Christmas-ey sparkle in his eye.  THIS year he DID... it was sooo adorable.  When it was his turn Brody just ran up to him and started rambling off his list before he even said hi or sat in his lap.  HAHA!!!  Brody's list keeps getting bigger every time we ask him what he wants, too btw.  lol.  Cutie pie.

Brody's Christmas list:
-"a buzz one"
-"a bug one"
-"a thomas one"
-"a spaceship one"
and the list goes on..

It's funny how he says it though- when Santa asked him what he wanted he said, "a monster truck!"

That was yesterday.
1209001403 copy
1209001406 copy

22 lovely comments:

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

Congratulations on your sprinkle win---that picture of Brody dreaming of horseback riding is too cute,and I love the picture of him with Santa and conquering his fears. Hyrum's first bath pictures are adorable. What good times. Soon we will be able to share some with you. Can't wait! Love, Mother

wholesouls2 said... Reply To This Comment

p.s.Clue us in as to the frenchman with the baguette---what is the significance? It's an awesome picture! Love, Mother

Brooke said... Reply To This Comment

Love this post!! First baths are so amazing and a little scary but fun! and I'm so jealous you won from Sprinkles. I've never had cupcakes from them but I wish I could!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

Awe. So cute. I like Brody's list haha and Hyrum's first bath photos are adorable. He probably wanted to stay in the nice warm water (:

Alexa Mae said... Reply To This Comment

OH my gosh Connie, he is sooooo soooo cute!!! He really is. I want to come over and love on him. Let me know when you want visitors (me!). I LOVEEEE your sprinkles picture! it is darling! so happy that you won (hooray!). love ya.

Mari said... Reply To This Comment

Your life is tooo cute! That picture is to die for- I am so aching for a camera and that baby is just to sweet for words

Lynn said... Reply To This Comment

oh gosh is Hyrum ever a cutie with his little hairwisps!!!! love the privacy star and little mustache, you are so great. great cupcake score and good for you on pursuing that "dream"!!!! pay off is tasty right.

and Brody riding the horsie and conquering his vacuum fears is the best ever, love this post.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

love this. how perfect.

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

oh SOOOOO cute!!! love all the pictures! both of your boys are adorable! :) i just want to hold that little baby of yours, he is precious!

Britney Jean said... Reply To This Comment

hyrum is adorable! yay for first baths!

ryan cried for the first one, but has LOVED them all since!

i've STILL never been to sprinkles. but i think about it all the time! i need to go ASAP!

Mama Katie said... Reply To This Comment

Cupcakes, yum. I am going to have to google that place.

Connie said... Reply To This Comment

To all those who have NOT had a sprinkles cupcake- GO! GO NOW! They are the best cupcakes on the planet (lemon coconut, orange cranberry, red velvet, and strawberry are amongst my favorites)

Chelsea said... Reply To This Comment

those pictures are amazing.

Kim said... Reply To This Comment

Ha haa, not gonna lie - I was reading your post and thought that I was supposed to click on the star. Took me a minute, but then it dawned on me and I had a good laugh.

LOVED the sprinkles photo! You're so creative & talented, its insane.

:-)

Shelby Lou said... Reply To This Comment

That picture with the cupcake is darling. I want you to design my blog. Srsly, you do such a good job on yours. Basically, your children are wayyy too cute!

Monica said... Reply To This Comment

~~*The picture that you submitted of Brody for the SPRINKLES contest is BEYOND adorable. You are VERY talented. Of course you should have one. Glad that you still got FREE CUPCAKES..ha =) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!*~~

Monica said... Reply To This Comment

~~*Ooops!! I meant to say *WON!*~~

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

aw first baths. so much better than sponge baths haha. my mom actually has that same little bathing seat/bed too!
next time i'm in az i'll have to check out sprinkles! :)
if you're ever in the provo area though, check out The Chocolate. it's AMAZING!!!! cakes, brownies, cookies. aka: yummyness!

Lissa Clair said... Reply To This Comment

i love that horse picture!

Natalie said... Reply To This Comment

i just want you to know that picture sparked my incessant cravings that led to me going to sprinkles the next day.

I WANT FREE ONES THOUGH! <3

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

would you still be my friend if I told you I have never had a sprinkles cupcake? Please do. Your boys are so cute!

PERRIS said... Reply To This Comment

I love how you censored out hyrum's nudity. very classy. :)