Monday, December 20, 2010

the last month...

So how have I been with a new baby?
Things have been great- I can't ask for anything more.
Of course, it's been hard adjusting to NO SLEEP EVER but it's worth it of course.
One night he didn't go to bed till 5!  That's FIVE AM guys.. which was the worst it's been so far (but does it get worse?).
Lately he's been going to bed around midnight every night after being up for 5 hours and then wakes up every two hours for food. I'm HOPING *crossing my fingers* he doesn't do what Brody did (never sleep through the night ever till he was a year).
Oh and he refuses a pacifier *binky- which I'm a little sad about right now.
But really things couldn't be better- I'm very lucky to have him and count my blessings everyday.
Hyrum blog2
hyrum blog one week
When we were in the hospital he would gag a little- which scared me but I figured it would pass after a few days.  He continued to do that randomly till he was two weeks or so and now he just spits up a lot (well it seems like a lot- maybe it's just been a while and I forget what's "normal").  He's gaining weight so no one is concerned!  I told the doctor today about other concerns I had and apparently Hy is just a "hedonist"- so even though he's really really fussy at times it's just because he wants to be comfortable and can't take the pressures of life. :p
Hyrum blog3
At one month he's 9lbs 13 oz, 21 1/2 inches long and in the 50th percentile for each. 
 Brody was always off the charts so- so far we have a little-er guy on our hands (:
These were pics I took of Hy at one week.. I'll post more on my photo blog sometime soon.
Which about my photography... I'm going to do a GIVEAWAY for a portait session when I reach 400 likes on facebook- think I can?  Must I bribe you?

And a random video I had on my phone.. Brody noticed the mineral oil I put on his head to keep him from getting cradle cap, that's what that was about (;

17 lovely comments:

Whitney said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my gosh I love him. We got your Christmas Card/ announcement and presley loves to see Baby up on the fridge.

lindsay said... Reply To This Comment

your little one is just so beautiful. i love these pictures and can't wait to see more of baby H soon ♥

hope you are doing well and happy holidays to you :) what a memerable holiday this will be with your big family!!

Shelby Lou said... Reply To This Comment

Pretty sure your baby is the cutest thing EVER. Have a good week this week Connie! Merry Christmas! Cheers to more sleep for the new mama!

Karm said... Reply To This Comment

That is an adorable photo... and I shall add you on FB... or maybe I am already your friend... haha

Jessica said... Reply To This Comment

Those are the greatest pictures!!

Megan said... Reply To This Comment

the photos are stunning...where did you get that hat from?

Annie said... Reply To This Comment

just precious!!!
LOVE the pictures!! hope the sleep improves for the both of you as time goes on!!

Alexandria said... Reply To This Comment

Connie. He is so beautiful...or handsome. Heck he is both.

I am so happy for you, and your lovely family.

Congrats dollface!

xo

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said... Reply To This Comment

what a perfect angel.

Mars said... Reply To This Comment

he is adorable and that hat is to die for! What a cutie!

Ashton Dene' said... Reply To This Comment

These pictures are so beautiful. Congrats again!

Good luck on getting sleep!

xx

Grace said... Reply To This Comment

such cute baby pics!!!!
hope you get more sleep soon.

Amanda said... Reply To This Comment

what precious pictures!

amy said... Reply To This Comment

Oh my goodness! He is beautiful!! Congrats! :)

Diana Smith said... Reply To This Comment

What an angel!! I hate that part of not getting sleep, now I have to wake my baby up haha I got so lucky!

Brittany said... Reply To This Comment

teach me your photography skillzzz!! lol

Chandra Goodman said... Reply To This Comment

he is so precious! congrats.